- A family established in the Cork city locality from the mid 18th century. A number of doctors were among the family members in the 19th and 20th centuries. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Cummins family held land in the parish of Carrigtohill, barony of Barrymore, county Cork. Nicholas Cummins was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmeen, barony of East Carbery, at the same time. Houses and premises in the north east suburbs of Cork city belonging to Elizabeth Farren and Nicholas Marshall Cummins were advertised for sale in July 1853. This rental includes a lithograph of part of Glanmire. A county Cork estate of 1,128 acres and some tithes in county Kildare were advertised for sale by members of the Cummins family, devisees of Joseph King Cummins in June 1854. This sale included part of Lotabeg and Myrtleville. The latter property was offered for sale again in July 1863 as part of the estate of Nicholas Cummins. In the 1870s James John Cummins of Cork owned 1,351 acres in county Cork, Thomas Mannix Cummins of Ringmeen, Queenstown owned 684 acres in county Cork and 741 in county Tipperary and John Cummins of Annmount owned 297 acres in county Cork.