- James Knox of Broadlands Park (1774-1818) was the third son of Francis Knox of Rappa Castle. Both his mother and his wife were members of the Gore family, Earls of Arran. Part of his estate was inherited from his grandfather, Paul Annesley Gore of Belleek, and he took the additional surname of Gore in compliance with his grandfather's will. A daughter of Paul Annesley Gore married Right Honourable Henry King, brother of the Earl of Kingston, and the Kings held Belleek at the beginning of the 19th century. Francis Annesley Knox Gore was created a baronet in 1868 and when the male line died out in 1891 the family became Saunders Knox Gore. The Knox Gore estate was centred around the town of Ballina. It included lands in the parishes of Doonfeeny, Kilmoremoy and Ballysakerry, barony of Tirawley, in the parishes of Bohola, Killasser and Kilgarvan, barony of Gallen, in the parish and barony of Burrishoole, county Mayo and in the barony of Tireragh, county Sligo. In 1876 the estate amounted to 22,023 acres in county Mayo and 8569 acres in county Sligo. In 1906 Matilda and Sarah Knox Gore held over 1500 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tireragh, county Sligo. Offers from the Congested Districts' Board to various members of the Knox Gore family had been accepted for the purchase of most of the county Mayo and Sligo estates by March 1916.
- The King estate was one of the largest in Connacht including lands in Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo as well as the main estate in County Roscommon. In 1667 Lord Kingston was granted over 23,000 acres in Connacht and over 14,000 acres in Munster and other very large estates particularly in counties Cork and Tipperary in 1669. Most of the King's Munster estate was in County Cork and through marriage with the Harman family they also acquired lands in County Longford. The family name became at various times King-Harman, Harman-King-Harman and Stafford-King-Harman. In 1703 lands at Ardcarne were conveyed to Neave Coghill. At the same time Sir Robert King sold lands to George Gore. The estate was centred around Boyle in County Roscommon, firstly at King House and later at Rockingham. In 1828 Robert King was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. In the mid 19th century the county Limerick estate of the the Earl of Kingston was in the barony of Coshlea, mainly in the parishes of Ballylanders (thirteen townlands) and Kilbeheny (21 townlands) but he also held land in the parishes of Ballingarry and Effin. Almost 21,000 acres in the parishes of Ballylanders and Kilbeheny, county Limerick, 18,180 acres in county Tipperary and 3,951 acres of the Araglin estate in county Cork, belonging to Lord Kingston, were advertised for sale in June and July 1851. The Freeman's Journal gives details of the purchasers in both 1851 and 1852. Griffith's Valuation records the Earl of Kingston holding land in various parishes in the baronies of Fermoy and Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork. The vast bulk of his estate around Mitchelstown was in the parishes of Brigown, Kildorrery, Kilgullane, Marshalstown, Macroney and Templemolaga, barony of Condons and Clangibbon. The county Tipperary estate was comprised of the parish of Templetenny, barony of Iffa and Offa West. It was advertised for sale in July 1851 and mainly purchased by the Irish Land Company and Edward Sandiford Power. Part of the settled estates of Lord Kingston, over 26,000 acres in county Cork and 250 acres in county Limerick were advertised for sale in February 1855. The settled estates were advertised in 3 divisions, the first was comprised of lots north west of Mitchestown, the second division was located south east of Mitchelstown and the third was a tract of 9,000 acres of land in the barony of Duhallow on which Lord Lismore paid the head rent. Over 7,000 acres of the settled estates in the baronies of Condons and Clangibbon and Fermoy were to be auctioned on 5 June 1855. In the 1870s the Kingston estates in counties Limerick and Tipperary were only 250 and 211 acres while the county Cork estate amounted to 24,421 acres.
- The Greene estate was part of the Knox Gore estate in the parish of Ballysakeery, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo.
Howley (Belleek Castle)
- The Howley family appear in both Hussey de Burgh and the 1876 Landowners Survey as owners of land in Tireragh Barony, county Sligo. In addition there is evidence from both the OS Name Books and archival sources that they acted as agents for some of the larger estates in the area. The Howleys were also middlemen for a number of landlords in the baronies of Gallen and Tirawley, county Mayo, including the Kirkwoods and the Knox Gores. At the time of the Ordnance Survey in the 1830s they were living in a number of houses in the parish of Kilgarvan and at Belleek Castle, parish of Kilmoremoy, county Mayo. Piers and Mary White offered property for sale in Ardnaree, barony of Tireragh, in 1869. This was held on lease from the Howley estate. In 1871 over 1000 acres in county Sligo including Quignashee and 12 acres at Belleek Castle, county Mayo were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. Messers. Litterdale and Davidson purchased some of the lots in trust. Later, in 1876 and 1877, the properties at Quignamanger and Quignashee were offered for sale in the same court. The lease details seem to indicate that this had originally been Jones and Morgan land. The Irish Times reported that these lots were purchased by Alderman Harris and, in trust, by John Boyd and Mr. Barloe. In 1883 Edward John Howley offered for sale lands in the Rathglass area of the barony of Tireragh which he held on a long lease from the Digby estate. In 1906 John Howley is recorded as the owner of over 1400 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tireragh including a mansion house. The Congested Districts Board later acquired over 1100 acres of the estate of Thomas J. Howley.
Pery/ Pery Knox Gore
- An estate in the parish of Kilbelfad, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, formerly belonging to the Ormsby family of Cloghan, passed to the Pery family by the marriage in 1783 of Edmond H Pery, 1st Earl of Limerick, and an Ormsby heiress. Part of the Pery estate was in the parish of Ballynahaglish. In 1851 Mrs Pery, nee Knox Gore, bought the McManus estate of Barleyhill, barony of Gallen. The Perys were leasing Belleek Castle from E.J. Howley at the end of the 1860s. They later built Coolcronaun House where the Pery Knox Gores continued to reside until 1964. Their estate amounted to over 5,000 acres in the 1870s. In 1930 most of the estate was taken over by the Land Commission.