Coppinger (Carhue & Leemount)
- The Coppingers of Carhue, parish of Magourney, county Cork, were Catholic landowners until the late 18th century. Thomas Stephen Coppinger was then the owner of the estate but he lost half of it when his first cousin, Thomas John Coppinger, became a Protestant and claimed it. Thomas John Coppinger married Mary Gollock of Forest and they were the parents of John Rye Coppinger and Mary Coppinger who, in 1808, married William Thorne. Their son, Henry Thorne Coppinger, was resident at Carhue at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In July 1854 the estate of Thomas Gollock Coppinger, heir-at-law of John Rye Coppinger, who was assignee of the estate and effects of Joseph Coppinger, an insolvent, was advertised for sale. The lands of Coolmuckey, Scart, Kilbonane and Mohallagh amounted to over 800 acres. The fee simple estate of Carhue belonging to Henry Thorne Coppinger was offered for sale in April 1856, amounting to 284 acres. The property appears to have been bought in trust by James Harding for one of the Colthursts of Dripsey Castle. In July 1868, Greenlodge, the estate of Anna Maria Coppinger, widow, was advertised for sale with 159 acres. This property was sold to J.S. Coppinger for over £1500.