Moore (Moore Hall)
- An estate in the parishes of Ballintober, Ballyovey and Burriscarra in the barony of Carra, county Mayo, held by the Moore family, formerly of Ashbrook, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen and Alicante, Spain. The Moores, who were Catholic, bought their Moore Hall property from the McDonnells and their Ballintober and Ballyovey estates from the Blakes in the early 1790s. They built a large house, which was burnt down during the Civil War. The Ballintober and Ballyovey estates were advertised for sale in 1854. The Ballyovey estate was bought by Lord Thomas Plunket, Bishop of Tuam, Killala and Achonry. The Moores managed to keep most of the Ballintober estate. In the 1870s George Augustus Moore owned 12,371 acres in county Mayo and 110 acres in county Roscommon. Most of the Moorehall estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in 1912. John Moore, elected President of the Republic of Connaught in 1798, George Henry Moore,supporter of tenant right, and George Augustus Moore, author, were all members of this family.
- The McDermotts owned Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, and also a townland in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo, bought from Harloe Phibbs Baker in 1851. Standish O'Grady McDermott is recorded as the owner of 693 acres in 1876. He married a daughter of John Ogle Evans of Belgarrow and their son, Owen Leonard McDermott, still resided at Cloongee in 1910. By March 1916 he had accepted a final offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his estate.
- An estate at Cloongee, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo was granted to the Moores of Ashbrook in 1715 by Charles O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley who appears to have bought Cloongee from a William Moore, purchaser of the forfeited estate of Captain Henry O'Neile in 1703. By the mid 19th century the lease of 693 acres was held by Harloe Phibbs Baker, who sold his interest in the Encumbered Estates' Court in October 1851 to the McDermotts.
- Harloe Phibbs Baker and his wife Maria held the townland of Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, on a renewable lease from the Gores, which they sold in the early 1850s to the McDermotts. They also had an interest in the lands of Ballymacgibbon North and Dowagh in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, which they sold in 1859.
- A branch of the O'Neills of the Fews, county Armagh, who were transplanted to county Mayo by the Cromwell Commissioners. They were granted Cloongee, parish of Templemore and Oldcastle, parish of Meelick in the barony of Gallen and were confirmed in their possession of over 4,000 acres by grant under the Acts of Settlement dated 1680. Captain Henry O'Neile was attainted after the Jacobite War and his estate sold to William Moore of Dublin in 1703. However a branch of the family retained Carrowroger and Carrowconnell, parish of Kildacommoge, until 1758 under a lease for 99 years.