- The Chinnerys came from Suffolk and settled in county Cork in the mid 17th century. John Chinnery of Mallow was granted Castlecor and other lands amounting to 1,673 acres in 1666. He had two sons, George of Castlecor, and Nicholas of Flintfield. Nicholas married Margaret O'Callaghan of Clonmeen, county Cork, and it was their granddaughter who married her cousin, Sir Brodrick Chinnery, 1st Baronet in 1768. Sir Brodrick was the grandson of George Chinnery and a brother of the Right Reverend George Chinnery, Bishop of Cloyne. His uncle, John Chinnery, had sold Castlecor to William Freeman. Sir Brodrick was created a baronet in 1799 and was Member of Parliament for Bandon in 1802. Sir Brodrick Chinnery, 2nd Baronet, of Flintfield, married Diana Elizabeth Vernon of Clontarf Castle, county Dublin and they do not appear to have resided at Flintfield. Their only son, Sir Nicholas Chinnery, 3rd Baronet, and his wife were killed by a train in 1868. The 3rd Baronet's only child, a daughter, married in 1864 the Reverend James Robert Alexander Haldane, Bishop of Argyll and the Isles. He assumed the additional name of Chinnery. The Chinnery estate was situated in the parishes of Cullen, barony of Duhallow, and Drishane, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork. Lands belonging to Lord Muskerry and Maria Chinnery were sold in the Landed Estates Court in March, 1865. The purchasers were Messers. Evans, Nagle and Prin. [A Richard Brodrick Chinnery owned 239 acres in county Cork in the 1870s]. Chinnery is spelt Genry in some parts of Griffith's Valuation.
- The Hutchinsons were established at Knocklofty, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary, from at least 1667 when Richard Hutchinson was granted over 1,200 acres in the barony including the house at Knocklofty. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Earl of Donoughmore's county Tipperary estate was mainly located in the parish of Tullaghmelan, but also in the parishes of Ardfinnan, Derrygrath, Molough and Neddans, barony of Iffa and Offa West and Inishlounaght, barony of Iffa and Offa East, while his county Cork estate was located in the parishes of Carrigrohanebeg, barony of East Muskerry, Glanworth, barony of Condons and Clangibbon and Currykippane, barony of Cork. The estate was also among the principal lessors in the parish of Inishlounaght, barony of Glenahiry and Ardmore, barony of Decies-within-Drum, county Waterford. Henry O. Seward and John Ahern were leasing land from the Earl in the barony of East Muskerry. In the 1870s the Earl of Donoughmore owned 1,972 acres in county Cork, 4,711 acres in county Tipperary, 2,878 acres in county Waterford, 1,307 acres in county Wexford and smaller acreages in counties Dublin, Kilkenny, Louth and Monaghan.
- McCarthys had been established in the Drishane area of county Cork for many centuries. Lane writes that Jeremiah Eugene McCarthy was a Catholic landowner who was in receipt of half the tithes of the parish in the 1830s. The McCarthys held land from the Earls of Donoughmore and Sir Broderick Chinnery. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Eugene McCarthy held an estate in the parish of Drishane, barony of West Muskerry and Dromtarriff and
Kilmeen, barony of Duhallow, county Cork. In November 1873 the 4,966 estate of John McCarthy in the barony of West Muskerry, county Cork, was advertised for sale for the first time. It was held on a lease dated 1796 from Broderick Chinnery of Ann's Grove to Owen McCarthy of the city of Cork for 999 years. In the mid 1870s John McCarthy of "Raduane", Millstreet, owned 647 acres in the county. [Alexander McCarthy of Liscreagh, parish of Drishane, also owned 3,832 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.]