- The Lombards were located in county Cork from at least the mid 17th century. In 1724 James Lombard married Mary, daughter of Jame Uniancke of Mount Uniacke, and they later built and went to live at Lombardstown in the parish of Kilshannig, barony of Duhallow, county Cork. They had a son, Reverend Edmund Lombard, who in turn had a son, Captain Edmund Lombard. The Captain bought Danesfort from his brother-in-law, James Butler Stopford and was living there in the 1830s. In 1786, another James Lombard of Lombardstown married Anne Becher and was killed in 1799 in county Wexford. He left four children, all daughters and in the 1850s the Lombardstown estate in the parishes of Clonmeen and Kilshannig was held by his daughters and co-heiresses, Lady Cotter, Misses Henrietta and Elizabeth Lombard and also James Delacour who was married to the fourth sister, Harriet.
- Of French origin this family settled in county Cork in the second half of the 17th century. In 1680 Robert Delacour married Ellen, daughter of Philip Cross and their grandson, another Robert, married Dorcas Norcott in 1764. Their eldest son was Robert De La Cour of Beare Forest who by his wife, Mary Baggs, had three sons, Robert of Fairy Hill, James of Sunny Hill and Hugh who married Katherine Stawell of Crobeg as well as a daughter who married Captain William Henry Herrick of Shippool. Robert Delacour was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballinaboy and Dunderrow, barony of Kinalea, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1820 James Delacour married Harriet G. Lombard, daughter and co heiress of James Lombard of Lombardstown. In the 1870s James Delacour of Mallow owned 4,507 acres in county Cork. His brother Robert Delacour of Fairyhill owned a further 717 acres and James' son, Reverend Robert W. Delacour of London, owned 872 acres.