- William Malley owned an estate in the parish of Kildacommoge, barony of Gallen, county Mayo and appears to have bought the interest of the McDonnells in a 1758 lease of lands in the parish of Turlough, barony of Carra, from George FitzGerald of Rockfield. His widow sold his landed interests in the Landed Estates' Court in May 1864. The sale was originally advertised in April 1863 but there were no bidders.
- Records in the Westport Estate Papers document the McDonnells' possession of the lands of Breandrum and others in the barony of Carra, county of Mayo, in the 18th century. In 1854 the 3rd Marquess of Sligo sold Breandrum and other lands in the barony of Carra to Colonel James McAlpine. In 1855 James Malley, assignee of Francis Crosbie McDonnell, an insolvent, sold 455 acres in the parish of Turlough to Lyons Carney. The original lease, dated 1758, was from George FitzGerald of Rockfield to Alexander McDonnell of Castlebar, ancestor of F.C.McDonnell. The McDonnell interest in a similar lease was sold by the widow of William Malley in 1864. In 1878 the same lands, Toormore East and West, were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court by Patrick Rowan. They were offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in June 1890, again by members of the Rowan family. The Irish Times reported that the lots were not sold.