Pennefather (New Park & Lakefield)
- In 1667 Cornet Matthew Pennefather from Staffordshire was granted lands in the barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary. His son, also named Matthew, married Lavina Kingsmill of New Park, county Tipperary and through this marriage the Pennefathers inherited the New Park estate. Matthew and Lavinia had three sons, Kingsmill of New Park, Matthew and William of Marlow. Succeeding generations of Pennefathers lived at New Park. Junior branches of the family settled at Ballylanigan, Knockeevan and Lakefield. Family members represented Cashel in Parliament. Lewis writes that the parish of Ballingarry was the property of Matthew Pennefather who had extensive coal mines on his estates. Matthew Pennefather held at least 5 townlands in the parish of Ballingarry at the time of Griffith's Valuation and also held land in the parishes of Ballysheehan and Erry, barony of Middlethird. K. Pennefather held land in the parish of Killenaule. At the same time William Pennefather held land in the parishes of Kilvemnon, barony of Slievardagh and Baptistgrange, barony of Middlethird. Parts of the unsettled estates of Mathew Pennefather of Newpark were advertised for sale in October and November 1851 amounting to over 2,500 acres and premises in Cashel. The New Park estate of 1,730 acres was advertised for sale in June 1852. In June 1861 premises in the town of Kilmallock, county Limerick, the estate of John Ryan and John Pennefather, heir at law of William Westby Pennefather were advertised for sale. In the 1870s the representatives of Kingsmill Pennefather, Liverpool owned 721 acres and Richard Pennefather of Lakefield owned 1,220 acres in county Tipperary.
- This family descend from Robert Wakeham, who succeeded his uncle, Sir Richard Pyne, Lord Chief Justice of Ireland at Ballyvolane, county Cork, in the early 18th century and took the name Pyne. Sir Richard Pyne bought Ballyvolane, part of the forfeited estate of Sir Richard Nagle and Edmond Barry in 1702 and also the Blarney mills in 1703. A detailed account of the history of this family is given by H.F. Morris in ''The Irish Genealogist'', including the siege of Lisfinny Castle which belonged to the Land League supporter, Jaspar Douglas Pyne. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Jasper [Richard Masters] Pyne held fourteen townlands in the parish of Inchigeelagh, barony of West Muskerry and he also held land in the parishes of Britway and Knockmourne, barony of Barrymore, county Cork and in the parishes of Baptistgrange, Cooleagh and Kiltinan, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary. 237 acres of the county Tipperary estate were advertised for sale in November 1864. Much of it was sold to Rev. John Pyne Pennefather who advertised it for sale again in January 1866. . In June 1885 an estate of 345 acres in the barony of Middlethird belonging to John Pyne Pennefather was advertised for sale. John Pyne Pennefather was born in 1833 and became a doctor. He was a grandson of William Pennefather who, in 1780, married Elizabeth, daughter of John Pyne of Ballyvolane. In November 1865 the estate of the Reverend William Masters Pyne and George Masters Pyne at Lisgoold East, barony of Barrymore, county Cork, was advertised for sale. In the 1870s the representatives of Jasper Pine, Passage, county Cork, owned 3,178 acres in county Cork and George Pine of Ballyvolane, Castlelyons, owned 930 acres.
- This branch of the Pyne family lived at Derryroe, parish of Aghabulloge, county Cork, in the mid 18th century but by the beginning of the 19th century were resident at Cottage. John Pyne of Cottage and Clonmoyle died in 1837 and left his property to his nephew the Reverend John Paul Lawless who took the name and arms of Pyne. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Reverend John Lawless Pyne held land in the parishes of Aghabulloge and Aghinagh, barony of East Muskerry and Cloyne, barony of Imokilly, county Cork. In the 1870s the Reverend John L. Pyne of Cloyne owned 1,132 acres in county Cork.
- This family was established at Dromskehy, parish of Drumtarriff, barony of Duhallow, county Cork in the 18th century but by the beginning of the 19th century was settled at Caherduggan, barony of Barrymore. In 1781 Cornelius O'Callaghan married Mary Davies and they had nine children. Two of their sons married daughters of Arthur Pyne of Ballyvolane. Another son was the Reverend Robert O'Callaghan. "The Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland" 1863 and "The Landed Gentry of Ireland" 1958 differ slightly with regard to the descendants of this couple. At the time of Griffith's Valuation members of this family held land in the parishes of Drumtarriff and Kilmeen, barony of Duhallow, Kilnaglory, barony of East Muskerry, Templebodan, barony of Barrymore and Templeroan, barony of Fermoy. In the 1870s Cornelius O'Callaghan of Caherduggan owned 253 acres, Cornelius O'Callaghan of Brookville owned 117 acres, Denis O'Callaghan of Queenstown owned 984 acres and O'Callaghan family members in the Kanturk locality owned over a thousand acres in county Cork. The estate of Leslie Craggs O'Callaghan in the county and city of Cork was advertised for sale in June 1858. In May 1868 an estate of over 1,600 acres in the baronies of Duhallow, East Muskerry and West Muskerry, belonging to Denis O'Callaghan, deceased and continued in the name of his eldest son and executor, Cornelius O'Callaghan, was advertised for sale. The purchasers included Mrs. Lunham and Mr. F. Wyse. Dromahoe and Dromskehy, barony of Duhallow, were advertised for sale in February 1877 and were part of the marriage settlement of Denis O'Callaghan and Sarah Pyne in 1831. In July 1882 the lands of Clonbannin, 105 acres in the barony of Duhallow, the estate of Denis O'Callaghan, were advertised for sale.
- This family was descended from Henry Cavendish, a natural son of Henry Cavendish (died 1616), elder brother of the 1st Duke of Devonshire. A descendant, Henry Cavendish, came to Ireland circa 1730 and in that year married Anne, daughter and co heiress of Henry Pyne of Waterpark, county Cork, son of Sir Richard Pyne, Lord Chief Justice of Ireland. Henry was created a baronet in 1755 and died in 1776. In 1757, his son, also named Henry Cavendish, married Sarah, only daughter and heiress of Richard Bradshaw. She was created Baroness Waterpark in 1792. Their son, Richard, succeeded as 2nd Baron. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate of the 3rd Baron was mainly in the parish of Tubbrid, but also in the parishes of Tullaghorton and Whitechurch, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary. This family had an English seat at Doveridge Hall, Derby, and in the 1870s the Irish estate amounted to 3,465 acres in county Tipperary. In July 1853 land at Scartana, county Tipperary and in counties Kildare and Dublin, the estate of the Reverend Frederick Cavendish, grandson of the 2nd Baronet, was advertised for sale. Land at Scart, barony of Iffa and Offa West, belonging to Henry Coleman and held from Lord Waterpark was advertised for sale in December 1856.