Seward (Cos Galway & Cork)
- "The General Armory" records the granting of arms to Henry Osburne Seward of Lee Cottage and Douglas, county Cork and Newcastle, county Limerick. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Osborne Seward held land in the parishes of Inchigeelagh, barony of West Muskerry and Carrigrohanebeg, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork. Members of the Seavers/Seward family including H.O. Seward also held land in the barony of Fermoy parishes of Rahan, Mallow and Mourneabbey and in the barony of Cork, parishes of Carrigaline and St Finbarrs. At the same time
Joshua Seward was leasing almost 200 acres from James Egan at Drummaan East, barony of Leitrim, county Galway. "The Freeman's Journal" (29 Sept 1863) records the marriage of Mary daughter of Joshua W. Seward of Dromaun House, Co Galway and Henry Bentley of Shannon View, county Clare in September 1863. In the 1870s Joshua W. Seward of Rathgar, county Dublin, owned 838 acres in county Cork and 117 acres in county Limerick.
- The Hutchinsons were established at Knocklofty, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary, from at least 1667 when Richard Hutchinson was granted over 1,200 acres in the barony including the house at Knocklofty. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Earl of Donoughmore's county Tipperary estate was mainly located in the parish of Tullaghmelan, but also in the parishes of Ardfinnan, Derrygrath, Molough and Neddans, barony of Iffa and Offa West and Inishlounaght, barony of Iffa and Offa East, while his county Cork estate was located in the parishes of Carrigrohanebeg, barony of East Muskerry, Glanworth, barony of Condons and Clangibbon and Currykippane, barony of Cork. The estate was also among the principal lessors in the parish of Inishlounaght, barony of Glenahiry and Ardmore, barony of Decies-within-Drum, county Waterford. Henry O. Seward and John Ahern were leasing land from the Earl in the barony of East Muskerry. In the 1870s the Earl of Donoughmore owned 1,972 acres in county Cork, 4,711 acres in county Tipperary, 2,878 acres in county Waterford, 1,307 acres in county Wexford and smaller acreages in counties Dublin, Kilkenny, Louth and Monaghan.