- John Collins a "49 Officer" was granted lands in county Limerick in 1666 under a patent to the Earls of Roscommon and Orrery. He was succeeded by John Collins of Ballynoe, county Limerick and later of Rathcoole, county Cork. By the end of the 18th century the Collins were residing at Gurteenard. In the 19th century a member of the family Sir Richard Henn Collins was Master of the Rolls. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Collins held land in the parishes of Castlemagner and Cullen, barony of Duhallow, county Cork while the representatives of Stephen Collins held land in the baronies of West and East Muskerry. In the 1870s the representatives of John S. Collins owned 2849 acres in county Cork.