- The Campbell family held an estate at Mount Campbell outside Drumsna since the early eighteenth century. Lt. Col. Josias Campbell served as High Sheriff of Leitrim in 1720 and his son Samuel held the same office in 1756. In 1766 the Campbell estate passed to the Rowley family through marriage. The Campbells were also related to the Southwell and Russell families, Barons de Clifford.
Southwell (Co Cork)
- In 1666 Robert Southwell was granted lands in the liberties of Kinsale, county Cork and in the barony of Kinnalea. Edward Southwell (1732-1777), 20th Baron de Clifford, Member of Parliament for Gloucestershire, married in 1765 Sophia third daughter of Samuel Campbell of Mount Campbell, county Leitrim. He was succeeded by his son Edward, a minor. A collection of records in the Gloucestershire Record Office document some of the administration of his Irish estates in counties Cork and Limerick during his minority. John How was the agent for the Kinsale estate. Edward Southwell 21st Baron de Clifford died childless in 1832. His niece Sophia Coussmaker became Baroness de Clifford. She married John Russell, nephew of the 6th Duke of Bedford and the title continues in her descendants.
- The 1st Duke of Ormonde was one of the largest estate owners in Ireland at the beginning of the 18th century. Some of the Ormonde estate in county Tipperary was sold in the early years of the 18th century to pay off debts. In the mid 19th century the Marquess of Ormonde's county Tipperary estate was in mainly in the baronies of Iffa and Offa East and Lower Ormond but also in the baronies of Slievardagh, Clanwilliam, Eliogarty and Upper Ormond. In 1769 John, 17th Earl of Ormonde, married Lady Frances Wandesforde, daughter and sole heir of John, Earl of Wandesforde, and his wife, Agnes Elizabeth, daugher of John Southwell of Enniscouch, county Limerick. The 17th Earl died in 1795 and his wife in 1830. The Countess of Ormonde held land in county Limerick at the beginning of the 19th century. A map of her estate at "Gurtnacrehy", [Gortnacreha, parish of Cloncagh?], parish of "Kilneedy" [Kilmeedy], barony of Connello Upper is held in the Limerick City Museum. Another document in this repository refers to her tenants at Ballinlina [Ballinlyny?, parish of Kilscannell, barony of Connello Lower] and Ardbohill [parish of Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lower]. At the time of Griffith's Valuation "Lady Ormond" is recorded as holding land in the townland of Ballinlongig, parish of Dromcolliher, barony of Connello Upper. The Countess estates passed to her fourth son, Charles and his descendants who took the name of Wandesforde. In the 1870s the Marquess of Ormonde of Kilkenny Castle owned 15,765 acres in county Tipperary and over 12,000 acres in county Kilkenny.