Lloyd Apjohn (Linfield)
- This branch of the Lloyd family are descended from Rickard Lloyd, a younger son of Thomas Lloyd of Towerhill, county Limerick, tax commissioner in 1660. They succeeded to the Linfield property through the mid 18th century marriage of Richard Lloyd and Mary, daughter of Michael Apjohn of Linfield. Richard and Mary's son Michael (1765-1855) succeeded his uncle, Michael Marshall Apjohn and assumed the additional name of Apjohn. The Reverend Michael Marshall Lloyd Upjohn/Apjohn held land in the parishes of Grean, barony of Coonagh and Kilteely, barony of Smallcounty, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. His son, Michael Marshall Lloyd Apjohn of Linfield married Olivia, daughter of Thomas Apjohn Kearney of Sunville in 1854. In the 1870s Michael M. Lloyd Apjohn of Linfield owned 1,003 acres in county Limerick [Hussey de Burgh records this acreage as belonging to the Earl of Normanton, from whom the Apjohns held land in the parish of Kilteely], while Michael Marshall Lloyd [Apjohn] of Ballyvoneen, Pallasgreen, county Limerick, owned 977 acres. In 1861 Isabella Lloyd Apjohn married Desmond John Edmund FitzGerald, who became the Knight of Glin in 1866. The Glin Papers contain some documents relating to the Lloyd Apjohn family. The estate of Michael Marshall ast Kilmacuddy and other lands in the barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary, amounting to 764 acres was advertised for sale in November 1853. John Lloyd of Lloydsborough was the tenant of Kilmacuddy in 1853 and the immediate lessor at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Property owned by Lloyd Apjohn and others in the barony of Owenbeg, county Limerick, was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in February 1889.
- The Agar family held estates in both Ireland and England and were mainly associated with county Kilkenny. The senior branch of the family bore the title Viscount Clifden. Charles Agar, a brother of the 1st Viscount Clifden, was made Archbishop of Cashel in 1779 and of Dublin in 1801. He was created Earl of Normanton in 1806. The Odnance Survey Name Books refer to the "Earl of Normondton" as a proprietor in the parish of Emly in 1840. In Griffith's Valuation the 2nd Earl of Normanton is recorded as an immediate lessor in the parish of Kilteely, barony of Smallcounty, county Limerick. The Reverend Michael L. Apjohn held the townlands of Kildromin (750 acres) and Wonderhill (252 acres) from the Earl. In county Tipperary Griffith's Valuation records the Earl of Nomanston's estate as primarily located in the parishes of St Patrickrock, barony of Middlethird and Emly, barony of Clanwilliam. Hussey de Burgh records the 3rd Earl of Normanton as the owner of 3294 acres in county Kilkenny, 1003 acres in county Limerick and 7625 acres in county Tipperary. He also makes reference to a fee farm estate of 2149 acres in county Limerick. The Earl of Normanton is not listed in the Return of landowners of one acre or more (1876) for county Limerick but Michael M.L. Apjohn is recorded as owning 1003 acres in county Limerick.