Knox /Blake Knox (Moyne Abbey)
- The senior branch of the Knox family in county Mayo who were descended from William Knox of Castlereagh. In 1741 Mrs. Dorothy Knox was given a lease of Moyne Abbey in the parish of Killala, barony of Tirawley for 999 years by James O'Hara, 2nd Baron Tyrawley. The Knoxes leased Moyne to the Jones in the 19th century. In that century the Blake Knoxes owned an estate in the parishes of Kilconduff, Templemore and Kildacommoge, in the barony of Gallen, and in the parish of Kildacommage, barony of Carra, county Mayo. They also had some lands in the parish of Kilmoylan, barony of Clare, county Galway and in the parishes of Rahara, barony of Athlone and Cloonfinlough, barony and county of Roscommon. Their county Mayo agent in the 1830s was George Knipe of Carn Hill, Belturbet. In 1834 Francis Blake Knox married Jane Knipe. In the 1870s the representatives of Francis Blake Knox owned 1,337 acres in county Galway. Henry Blake Knox of Moyne Abbey and Dalkey, county Dublin, owned 4662 acres in county Mayo , while his brother, Ernest Edward Knox, owned 1074 acres in county Roscommon and their uncle, Lieutenant Colonel William Knox of Brittas Castle, Thurles, county Tipperary, owned 1352 acres in county Mayo and 993 acres in county Tipperary. Lieutenant-Colonel William Knox bought the Brittas estate from the Langley family in 1853. It was mainly located in the parish of Rahelty, barony of Eliogarty. The estate of Henry Blake Knox was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 19 Mar 1914.
Langley (Co Cork)
- This family appear to be a branch of the county Tipperary Langleys, Hajba writes that the Langleys of Ballyellis and Byblox were descended from Charles Langley, the Cromwellian officer, who took Clonmel in 1650. The Langleys were associated with various properties in the baronies of Orrery and Kilmore, and Fermoy, county Cork, in the 18th and 19th centuries. In 1887 Jane, the only child of Henry Langley of Doneraile, married William Hamilton Sherlock Brazier Creagh.
Langley (Coal Brook)
- A family descended from a Cromwellian soldier,Henry Charles Langley, who was given 1,795 acres in 1674 in the barony of Sliervardagh, county Tipperary . His eldest son and grandson married members of the Clutterbuck family. The three main branches of the family descend from Henry Langley of Lisnamrock and his wife Anne Clutterbuck and lived at Coalbrook, Brittas Castle and at Archerstown, all in county Tipperary. The Coalbrook estate was located in the parishes of Ballingarry, Crohane and Lickfinn, barony of Slievardagh in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s George and Henry Langley of Coalbrook owned 1,967 acres and 630 acres respectively in county Tipperary, while John Langley of Knockanure (Lickfinn) owned 1,724 acres.
Langley (Brittas Castle)
- Henry Langley of Priestown or Langley Lodge, county Tipperary was the second son of Henry Langley and his wife Anne Clutterbuck of Lisnamrock. In 1754 he married Margaret daughter and heiress of Oliver Grace of Brittas Castle, county Tipperary. In the mid 19th century much of the Langley estate was in the hands of the Court of Chancery. In October 1851, property owned by Henry Langley in the barony of Middlethird, county Waterford, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The Priestown estate was sold in 1853. The sale of the Priestown and Brittas estates, totalling 1,396 acres, took place in the Encumbered Estates' Court in December 1853. Colonel William Knox bought the Brittas estate. In the 1870s Henry Langley of South Kensington, London, owned 3,321 acres in county Tipperary and 71 acres in county Waterford.
- Thomas Langley of Archerstown, county Tipperary, was the youngest son of Henry Langley and his wife Anne Clutterbuck of Lisnamrock, county Tipperary. In 1780 he married Catherine Nicholson of Turtulla, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Henry Langley of Archerstown owned 2,808 acres in county Tipperary. The family were still resident at Archerstown in the 1970s.
Grace (Co Tipperary)
- The Grace family were located in counties Kilkenny and Tipperary in the 16th century and had strong family connections with the Butler family, from whom they seem to have inherited the Brittas Castle property. In 1666 John Grace was granted the castle and lands of Brittas and 920 acres. In 1754 Henry Langley of Priestown, county Tipperary, married Margaret daughter and heiress of Oliver Grace of Brittas Castle, county Tipperary. The Langleys inherited Brittas Castle.
- In 1850 the Reverend William Randall, rector of All Saints, Leeds married Louisa daughter of Henry Augustus Langley of Brittas Castle and Langley Lodge, county Tipperary and granddaughter of Lawrence Grace Langley and his wife Anne Moore of Barne, Clonmel. Henry A. Langley died in 1834. In the 1870s the Reverend William Randall of England owned 851 acres in county Tipperary.