- The McDermotts owned Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, and also a townland in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo, bought from Harloe Phibbs Baker in 1851. Standish O'Grady McDermott is recorded as the owner of 693 acres in 1876. He married a daughter of John Ogle Evans of Belgarrow and their son, Owen Leonard McDermott, still resided at Cloongee in 1910. By March 1916 he had accepted a final offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his estate.
- In the early 18th century the Evans family settled in Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, but by the middle of the century had moved to Dublin. In the 19th century the main branch of the family was established at Rockfield, county Westmeath. In the 1830s the Evans' county Mayo estate was mainly in the parish of Killasser, barony of Gallen and may have come into the possession of the family following the marriage of Francis Evans with a daughter of John Gardiner of Farmhill, barony of Tirawley. The house, Dove Hall, also known as Belgarrow or Belgarriff House, was situated on their estate and was leased to a Mr Strogen in the early 19th century. A new house was built in the early 1870s before the sale of the Evans' estates in counties Westmeath, Monaghan and Mayo. Standish O'Grady McDermott of Cloongee, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen was agent to his father-in-law, John Ogle Evans. Portions of the latter's estate were sold in the Landed Estates Court in July 1873 and June 1874. The purchasers included John McGloin, Henry Joynt and Mr. Lynet.
- The Strogens held Belgarrow, parish of Toomore, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, from the Evans family and lived at Dove Hall.
- In the mid 1870s John McGloin of Foxford, county Mayo owned 1078 acres in the parish of Killasser, barony of Gallen, county Mayo. At least some of his property was previously part of the estate of Francis Evans. John McGloin had agreed to sell over 2000 acres to the Congested Districts' Board by March 1916.