- The Chatterton family of Cork, baronets, was descended from Abraham Chatterton who had a son, also named Abraham, who married, in 1738, Martha, daughter of Edmond Roche of Trabolgan, county Cork. Their eldest son James was created a baronet in 1801. In 1795 James married Rebecca, daughter of Abraham Lane, of the city of Cork. Their son Sir William Chatterton was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballinadee, barony of East Carbery, Dunderrow, barony of East Muskerry, Mourneabbey, barony of Barretts and St Finbars, barony of Cork, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. On 1 December 1857 premises belonging to Dame Henrietta Georgina Marcia Chatterton in the city of Cork were advertised for sale and on the same date other lands and premises in the baronies of Cork and East Muskerry owned by Dame Henrietta, Sir Edward John Gambrier and the Reverend Richard Dickson, amounting to 1,128 acres were also advertised for sale. In December 1876, the estate of Sinclair Dickson Smith Chatterton, 240 acres at Curragleigh, barony of Kilnemanagh, county Tipperary was advertised for sale. In the 1870s, the representatives of General Sir James Chatterton owned over 4660 acres in county Cork. Lady Henrietta Chatterton, wife of Sir William, was a successful Victorian writer.