- In December 1866 an estate of 802 acres, belonging to Edward, Robert and Francis Chapple and Catherine O'Shea, widow, in the parish of Cahernarry, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick was advertised for sale. The rental records details of the will of Martin Honan dated 1848. The Chapple brothers were nephews of Martin Honan, sons of his sister, Anne Chapple. In the 1870s Francis Chapel of 7 Upper Sherrard Street, Dublin, owned 799 acres in county Limerick. This estate was offered for sale in June 1876 and November 1884 but the sale was adjourned due to lack of offers. Over 260 acres of Francis Chapple's property in the barony of Clanwilliam was advertised for sale in the Land Judges' court in January 1890. Some lots were purchased in trust for the Commercial Union Assurance Company and other lot was bought by Francis Kearney.