- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Richard Beere held two townlands in the parish of Bohola and one townland in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, which he would appear to have bought from the sale of the Knox of Castlereagh estate. Richard Beere is recorded as owning 754 acres in county Mayo later in the nineteenth century.
- Thomas Deane, a merchant, was granted over 1,500 acres mainly in the baronies of Clare and Dunmore, county Galway, including Castlemoyle and Toghermore, but also in the barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, by patent dated 2 June 1677. Stephen Deane was granted lands in the baronies of Loughrea, Moycullen and Athenry, county Galway and in the barony of Carra, county Mayo in May 1677. The Deanes held land in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare, county Galway, in the late 18th century and also in the town of Galway. By the end of the 18th century Ambrose Deane was bankrupt and in 1790 sold Toghermore to John Henry of Dublin and Castlemoyle was sold to Valentine O'Connor in 1796. Ambrose Deane died intestate in 1792 and one of his sisters succeeded to the Deane estate of Balrobuck, parish of Annaghdown. She was married to Dominick Skerrett of Ballinduff. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward H. Deane held land in the parish of Cummer, barony of Clare. In the 19th century Edward Deane was agent to Christopher McManus of Barleyhill and leased land in the parish of Killedan, barony of Gallen, county Mayo. The Deanes appear to have lent money to the McManuses and in the early 1850s Edward Deane went to America to escape his creditors. He was married to Esmy O'Flaherty of Lisdonagh, near Headford, county Galway. A brother and sister of Edward Deane's married members of the McDermott family of Coolavin, county Sligo.
- The McManus family held an estate in the parish of Bohola, barony of Gallen, count Mayo, from at least the mid 18th century. Some of the lands were held in fee, some on leases renewable for ever. Edward Deane of Carrowgowan was agent to McManus in the 1830s. The estate of 1464 acres was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in July 1851. The first sale was adjourned but it was later bought by Mrs Pery, a member of the Knox Gore family, who leased it to George Harkin. It was later bought by the Aitken family, who still own the property. Patrick Ruane made a detailed study of this house in his thesis.
- A small estate on the outskirts of Ballina, county Mayo, owned by the Crofton family, probably founded by John Crofton who was granted over 3,000 acres mainly in the barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, in 1666.
- Hugh Robert Henry, a younger son of Hugh Henry of Lodge Park, Straffan, county Kildare was the first member of the Henry family to reside at Toghermore in the parish of Killererin, barony of Clare, county Galway, in the early 19th century. In 1790 the Henrys had purchased Toghermore from the bankrupt Deane family. The estate of the Henrys of Toghermore was mainly in the parish of Killererin, while the Lodge Park branch of the family owned townlands in the parishes of Athenry and Lackagh. Hugh Robert Henry had four sons, the eldest, Hugh, settled at Firmount, county Kildare, Robert lived at Toghermore, the Reverend Joseph was a clergyman and missionary. He collected a library of books now housed at the Hardiman Library at NUI,Galway and James was a merchant in Peru. In the 1870s the Henrys of Firmount owned over 6,000 acres and the Henrys of Lodge Park over 1,000 acres in county Galway. Robert Henry of Toghermore also owned 412 acres in county Limerick. By March 1916 a final offer of £6,000 had been received by the Henrys of Lodge Park for their Galway acreage from the Congested Districts' Board. Cecil Henry, a younger son of Robert Henry of Toghermore, bought Crumlin House in the parish of Abbeyknockmoy from a branch of the Blakes of Ardfry in the early 1880s. Bateman mentions over 900 acres which the Lodge Park branch of the family held on perpetual lease in county Mayo in the 1880s. Over 600 acres belonging to Cecil R. Henry were vested in the Congested Districts' Board in April 1914. Toghermore was inherited by Robert Burke of the Ballydugan family, a grandson of Robert Henry, who set up a co-operative in the late 1920s. He left Tuam in the early 1950s and gave Toghermore to the State and it was used as a recovering unit for tuberculosis patients.