- The Tuthill family settled in county Limerick in the early 18th century. John Tuthill of Kilmore was the eldest son of George Tuthill's 1740 marriage to Dorothea Villiers of county Kilkenny. His younger brother was Christopher Tuthill of Faha. John Tuthill assumed the name of Villiers in March 1794 in accordance with the will of his uncle Edward Villiers of Kilpeacon and married Elizabeth Jackson of Fanningstown. They had 5 sons including Christopher Devonsher Tuthill from whom the Tuthills of Moyglare, county Kildare descend. The eldest son George Tuthill of Kilmore & Ballyteigue, county Limerick married Catherine daughter of Henry Langley of Lisnamrock Castle, county Tipperary. John L. Tuthill held land in the parishes of Caherconlish and Killeenagarriff, barony of Clanwilliam and Ballingarry, barony of Connello Upper and Croagh, barony of Connello Lower in the 1850s. The estate of John and George Tuthill amounting to 1,312 acres including Mulkear was advertised for sale in July 1854. The purchasers included Archdeacon Tisdall and Mr. Hugh Stanley while other parts of the property were purchased in trust. Captain William Tuthill of Moyglare owned 286 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s and a further 821 acres in the same county in association with William Bredin. In 1792 George Tuthill of Kilmore, the eldest son of John and Elizabeth, married Catherine Langley of Lisnamrock, county Tipperary and their grandsons eventually emigrated to Australia and the USA. In February 1851 the lands of Greenhills were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court, the purchaser was William Johnstone.
- Michael Quin was elected Mayor of Limerick in 1848. In Griffith's Valuation he is recorded as holding the townland of Ballynisky in the parish of Clonagh, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick. In January 1872 his estate at Lisnamuck, parish of Croagh, barony of Connello Lower and at Clonagh, amounting to 661 acres was advertised for sale by trustees under his will. He is described as "deceased". The sale rental records that he bought Ballyniskey in the Encumbered Estates' Court in November 1851 and Lisnamuck in February 1855. Lisnamuck was part of the Tuthill estate advertised for sale in 1854.