- This county Limerick family were a junior branch of the Hills of Graig, near Doneraile, county Cork. In the late 17th century William Hill married Anne Coke. Their sixth son Samuel Hill settled at Pallaskenry, county Limerick and married a Lucas of Ballingaddy, county Clare. Their second son was Thomas Hill of Mount Pleasant. Thomas had three sons Arundel of Bolane Cottage, Thomas of Mount Pleasant and George of Limerick. In the early 1850s Thomas Hill was leasing a house and the whole townland of Mountpleasant, parish of Ardcanny, barony of Kenry, county Limerick, amounting to 172 acres from Daniel Leahy.
- The Hills, descended from a Cromwellian soldier, settled at Doneraile, county Cork. In the late 17th century William Hill married Anne daughter of Arundel Coke of Suffolk and had six sons. By the end of the 18th century the Hills were resident at Graig and through marriage with a Brown heiress acquired Mount Southwell in the late 19th century. The Hills also had connections with other county Limerick families. Other family connections in the Doneraile locality included the Crones, Norcotts and Cotters. Arundel Hill of Clogheen was the father of 3 daughters of whom the youngest was Margaret Anne. In June 1858 the estate of Margaret Anne Hill, comprising part of the lands of Curraghanaltig or Tullig, barony of Fermoy, was advertised for sale. The sale included the house and demesne of Landscape which was leased to Wade Foot in November 1879 by Arundel Hill. The original lease of 400 acres was dated April 1785 from the trustee of John Crone to Arundell Hill. William Hill of Donnybrook was a younger brother of Arundel Hill of Clogheen. Their older half brother James Hill of Graig married Mary Norcott in 1799 and they were the grandparents of James Laurence Hill of Rathkeale who owned 2,053 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. The Hill estate was mainly located in the parishes of Doneraile, Castletownroche, Rahan and Templeroan, barony of Fermoy. Miss Hill held one townland in the parish of Wallstown and in the 1870s owned just over 400 acres.
A Reverend William Hill, possibly a member of this family, held land in the parish of Templeree, barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary, in the mid 19th century. The fourth son of James Hill of Graig was the Reverend William Hill, Canon of Peterborough, England. The representatives of the Reverend William Hill, New Ross, county Wexford, owned 366 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.
- John Crone of Doneraile, county Cork, an attorney, married Frances Fennell of Limerick in 1747 and their eldest son Robert Fennell Crone married Martha, daughter of James Norcott of Springfield, Buttevant, county Cork. They had five sons and five daughters. In 1793 Robert bought the townland of Byblox from Roger Langley and built Byblox House. He was succeeded by his son Major John Crone, who is recorded as making Byblox famous for extravagant parties and hunt balls. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Crone held lands in the parishes of Effin and Kilquane, barony of Coshlea, county Limerick and in the parishes of Caherduggan and Doneraile, barony of Fermoy, county Cork. In the 1870s Robert Crone of Byblox owned 1,039 acres in county Cork and the representatives of John Crone, Byblox, owned 981 acres in county Limerick. The Crones sold their Byblox property in the early 20th century to Eustace Morrogh-Bernard and moved to Limerick. http://www.iol.ie/~nodonnel/gentleman'svillage.htm
The 188 acre estate of Nason Crone [son of Daniel Crone and Jane Nason] at Clonealy, parish of Clogher, barony of Kilnamanagh Lower, county Tipperary, held from Lord George Quin, was advertised for sale in October 1852.