Smyth (Castle Widenham)
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Grice R. Smith held land in the parishes of Ardnageehy and Kilquane, barony of Barrymore, county Cork. His estate of 1,325 acres in the barony of Barrymore was advertised for sale in January 1853. In November 1864 the rental of the estate of Henry John Smyth at Cloongaheen in the barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare and at Graigue in the barony of Pubble Brien, county Limerick and in the North Liberties of the city of Limerick, amounting to a total of 1042 acres, with a house in Dublin, was advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. The rental includes reference to Grice Richard Smyth. Henry John Widenham Smyth was a brother of Grice R. Smyth and succeeded him at Castle Widenham in 1861. This Smyth family was a junior branch of the Smyths of Ballynatray, county Waterford. In 1819 Henry Mitchell Smyth married Priscilla Widenham daughter of John Brasier Creagh of Castle Creagh and his wife Elizabeth sole heir of Charles Widenham of Castle Widenham, county Cork. Grice Richard and Henry John were their sons. In the mid 19th century Henry M. Smith held land in the parishes of Castletownroche and Kilcummer, barony of Fermoy. In the 1870s Henry John Smith of Castle Widenham owned 286 acres in county Cork.
Brasier (Rivers & Ballyellis)
- A family of French origin who settled in the north of Ireland in the early 17th century. Paul Brasier was granted lands under the Acts of Settlement in various counties and in 1719 a private act of Parliament was passed for settling the estates of his son, Colonel Kilner Brasier. The Colonel's son, Kilner Brasier of Rivers, parish of Stradbally, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick, was a made a Freeman of the city and the family settled in the Limerick locality. Brazier of Rivers is marked on the Taylor and Skinner map of the late 18th century but only the remains of an estate is marked on the first Ordnance Survey map. In 1779 Alderman Kilner Brooke Brasier married Mary, daughter and heiress of John Creagh of Creagh Castle, Doneraile, county Cork and they had five sons and five daughters. Their eldest son, Brooke Brasier of Ballyellis, county Cork, married Ellen, daughter and co heiress of Henry Mitchell of Mitchellsfort, county Cork. Their second son succeeded to Mitchellsfort. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Brasier estate was in the parishes of Caherelly, Killeenagarriff and Kilmurry in the Barony of Clanwilliam. In the 1870s Brooke Richard Brasier of Ballyellis, Mallow, county Cork, owned 1,575 acres in county Limerick, 246 acres in county Cork and 288 acres in county Tipperary. Part of the lands of Ballyellis, the estate of Mountifort Giles Tooker and Hugo Tooker, in the occupation of the representatives of Kilner Brazier, was advertised for sale in June 1879.
- In 1779 Alderman Kilner Brooke Brasier of Rivers and Ballyvoir, Lisard, county Limerick married Mary, daughter and heiress of John Creagh, medical doctor, of Creagh Castle, Doneraile, county Cork. They had five sons and five daughters. Their second son, John, assumed the additional name of Creagh on succeeding to Creagh Castle in 1802. In 1801 he had married Elizabeth, only child and heiress of Charles Widenham of Castle Widenham, Castletownroche, county Cork. They had an only daughter who married Henry Mitchell Smyth of the Ballynatray, county Waterford family. John's brothers, William Johnson Brasier Creagh and George Washington Brasier Creagh, succeeded him respectively at Creagh Castle. At the time of Griffith's Valuation George W. Brasier Creagh's estate was located in the county Cork parishes of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow, Dromdowney, barony of Orrery and Kilmore, Donaghmore, barony of East Muskerry and Castletownroche, Doneraile and Wallstown, barony of Fermoy. In July 1858 lands belonging to George W. Brasier Creagh in the north suburbs of Cork city, in the liberties of Limerick city and head rent of 1,785 acres in the barony of Glenarought, county Kerry, were advertised for sale. In January 1868 land leased to George Meyler at South Killowen, barony of Duhallow, by George W. Brasier Creagh was advertised for sale. George Washington Brasier Creagh owned 2,873 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
- ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' traces the descent of the Creaghs of Killowen, county Cork, from Christopher Creagh, Mayor of Cork in 1541. John Creagh medical doctor of Creagh Castle, Doneraile, county Cork, was the second son of John Creagh of Killowen who married in 1695 Elinor Barret. John Creagh MD married as his second wife Judith Shuldham of Dunmanway, county Cork and they had an only daughter Mary who married in 1779 Alderman Kilner Brooke Brasier of county Limerick. Their second son inherited Castle Creagh.
- In the 19th century the Bolsters held land in the parish of Kilshannig, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, mainly from the Newman and Lombard estates. Beside Aldworth and Lombardstown, Bolster family members resided at Curraghbower and Dromaneen, both in the parish of Kilshannig. In March 1873 lands (545 acres) at Clonribbon, barony of Duhallow, belonging to William Crofts Bolster and Eliza Bolster, were advertised for sale. These lands were held under a fee farm grant from George Washington Brasier Creagh to Richard Bolster, dated 1867. Colonel Grove White's notes on Curraghbower include a genealogy of the Bolster family compiled by a family member.
- Attiwell Wood married Elizabeth Falkiner daughter of Sir Riggs Falkiner 1st Baronet. He was a barrister and Member of Parliament for Castlemartyr, county Cork. In the early 19th century [their son] Attiwell Wood of Seeds, county Cork, married Mary Creagh daughter of Kilner Brasier and his wife Mary Creagh. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Kilner R. Woods held land in the parishes of Kilbolane and Shandrum, barony of Orrery and Kilmore. In April 1875 the fee simple of over 1,000 acres in the barony of Orrery and Kilmore, the estate of Attiwell Henry Wood, a minor, was advertised for sale. In the mid 1870s the representatives of Kilner R. Woods of Dublin owned 1,019 acres and Attiwell Wood of Cork owned 152 acres in county Cork.