- At the time of Grifith's Valuation, David Cagney held property in the parish of Kilmoe, barony of West Carbery, Monkstown, barony of Kerrycurrihy and Whitechurch in the barony of Cork. Family history sources suggest these had previously been O'Regan lands which had passed by inheritance to the Cagneys. In 1861, David Cagney was the petitioner for the sale of the property known as "the Castle Farm" of Monkstown, in the barony of Kerrycurrihy, county Cork. The property was then in the possession of Edmond Ahern. David Cagney, of Parkgarriff, Monkstown, Cork, was the owner of over 800 acres in county Cork and 700 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. Michael Cagney held land in the parishes of Castlelyons, Liscarroll and Shandrum, county Cork in the mid 19th century and David and Michael Cagney held some property in the parish of St Mary's Shandon at the same time. In the 1870s Johanna Cagney of Teeveenee, Liscarroll owned 458 acres and the representatives of M. Cagney, Cork owned 208 acres in the county.