- Capt. John Tuckey of Kilronan, Dunmanway, was the owner of over 600 acres in county Cork in the 1870s, while John Tuckey of Fermoy owned 112 acres. Rev. Thomas Tuckey was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Dromdaleague, barony of West Carbery and Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Samuel Morton Tuckey of The Hermitage appears to have been his son. Samuel Tuckey's death is recorded in ''The Cork Examiner'' (24 Oct 1864). Many members of the Tuckey family were clergymen.