- Henry Austin was granted over 3,200 acres in the barony of Clanmorris, county Kerry in 1669. This family also held land in county Limerick. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey Samuel Austen from county Cork held land in the parish of Particles, barony of Coshlea, county Limerick. The rental of over 900 acres at Mortlestown and Moneen in the barony of Coshlea was advertised for sale in April 1851 by Elizabeth Austen and Charles Arthur Tennant and Joseph Mason Tennant. The Freeman's Journal gave details of the purchasers in May 1851. In 1854, the same parties offered for sale lands in the baronies of Cork, Ibane & Barryroe, and Barrymore, in the Encumbered Estates Court. Austen property at Skeaf, barony of East Carbery, including Skeaf House, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1851. It was, however, purchased by the owner, William Austen.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the representatives of Joseph Austin were among the principal lessors in the parish of Templeomaley, barony of Ibane & Barryroe, county Cork. Edward and William Austin held townlands in the parishes of Ballinaboy, barony of Kerrycurrihy and Inishkenny, barony of Cork, at the same time. William Forward Austin held land in the parish of Fermoy, county Cork. William Austen of Bath was the proprietor of over 800 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
- The Abbey lands at Fermoy were in the possession of the Boyle family, Earls of Cork from at least the mid 17th century. They were leased to various persons and the interest was left by Barabara, wife of Thomas Hodder, to her nephew William Forward (died 1764). Her will was dated 1724. John Anderson bought the Forward interest in the late 18th century and developed the town. http://www.blackwater.ie/fermoy/history.htm