- Several townlands in Killoran parish are described as the property of Owen Lloyd in the OS Name Books and Arthur Lloyd is recorded as a lessor in Griffith's Valuation of 1857 for this area. In the 1870s the representatives of Arthur Lloyd were the proprietors of over 650 acres in county Sligo.
- Richard Graves Brinkley purchased lands in various parts of County Sligo in the Encumbered Estates Court. The principal estate he acquired was at Fortland, Easky, originally a Jones property. He also acquired extensive property in Killmacallen parish in the Barony of Tirerrill. This branch of the Brinkley family was descended from Matthew Brinkley, son of the Right Rev. John Brinkley, bishop of Cloyne and astronomer royal of Ireland. Richard Brinkley's wife was Hester Lloyd of Ardagh, county Sligo. The estate amounted to over 6000 acres in the 1870s. Between 1872 and 1874 various elements of the estate were offered for sale including the property at Fortland. Property sold in June 1872 was bought by Mr. Cornwall for £4000. In 1906 John L. Brinkley owned over 600 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tireragh and over 1000 acres in the barony of Tirerrill. In 1915 Brinkley accepted offers from the Congested Districts Board on over 4000 acres of the estate. On 5 Feb 1914 an estate of over 1,100 acres in county Roscommon, belonging to Sarah Brinkley, was vested in the Congested Districts' Board.