Thompson (Knockadoo & Mount Dodwell)
- The Thompson estate at Knockadoo was held on long lease by the Thompson family, in the 1850s at least, from the Dodwell estate. The Thompson family also leased lands in the barony of Corran from the estate of Sir Alexander Creighton. Capt. Meredith Thompson owned over 1300 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. Some of the land in the parish of Killoran was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in May 1867 and again in April 1868 by William & Elizabeth Thompson. In July 1868 they offered for sale lands in the barony of Tirerrill. Bartholomew Conlon offered lands in Tirerrill which he held on lease from the Thompson estate, for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in November 1869. Almost 1500 acres of the Thompson estate was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in May 1884. This included lands in the barony of Tirerrill as well as the lands at Knockadoo and Ballinvally in the barony of Leyny. Details in the sale notice indicate that these lands were held in fee-farm under a grant going back to 1616 in the name of Teige O'Hara.