- Edmond/Edward John Nolan was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Achonry, barony of Leyny, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In November 1859 some of his lands in the area were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. Further property owned by him and John Nolan Ferrall was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in May 1873. A portion of the estate of John Nolan was sold in the Landed Estates Court in July 1870. The Irish Times reported that the purchaser was Hugh H. McDermott. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held over 1500 acres but in the 1870s his estate amounted to over 900 acres in county Sligo.