Kirkwood (Cottlestown & Clooncunny)
- The Kirkwood estate was centred on Cottlestown in the Barony of Tireragh, where they held extensive property interests from the late 18th up the mid 19th century. The estate was sold in 1860 to the Boyd family who held it until the early 20th century. John Boyd is recorded as owning 1444 acres in county Sligo in 1876.
Church lands at Clooncunny in the parish of Achonry were also leased by the Kirkwood family and in turn rented, princially to the Rice family. Thomas Rice occupied the lands from the 1830s to at least the 1860s.
- Thomas Rice was leasing church lands from the Kirkwood estate in the parish of Achonry at the time of Griffith's Valuation.