Lloyd Apjohn (Linfield)
- This branch of the Lloyd family are descended from Rickard Lloyd, a younger son of Thomas Lloyd of Towerhill, county Limerick, tax commissioner in 1660. They succeeded to the Linfield property through the mid 18th century marriage of Richard Lloyd and Mary, daughter of Michael Apjohn of Linfield. Richard and Mary's son Michael (1765-1855) succeeded his uncle, Michael Marshall Apjohn and assumed the additional name of Apjohn. The Reverend Michael Marshall Lloyd Upjohn/Apjohn held land in the parishes of Grean, barony of Coonagh and Kilteely, barony of Smallcounty, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. His son, Michael Marshall Lloyd Apjohn of Linfield married Olivia, daughter of Thomas Apjohn Kearney of Sunville in 1854. In the 1870s Michael M. Lloyd Apjohn of Linfield owned 1,003 acres in county Limerick [Hussey de Burgh records this acreage as belonging to the Earl of Normanton, from whom the Apjohns held land in the parish of Kilteely], while Michael Marshall Lloyd [Apjohn] of Ballyvoneen, Pallasgreen, county Limerick, owned 977 acres. In 1861 Isabella Lloyd Apjohn married Desmond John Edmund FitzGerald, who became the Knight of Glin in 1866. The Glin Papers contain some documents relating to the Lloyd Apjohn family. The estate of Michael Marshall ast Kilmacuddy and other lands in the barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary, amounting to 764 acres was advertised for sale in November 1853. John Lloyd of Lloydsborough was the tenant of Kilmacuddy in 1853 and the immediate lessor at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Property owned by Lloyd Apjohn and others in the barony of Owenbeg, county Limerick, was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in February 1889.
Lloyd (Lisheen, Co Tipperary)
- From his will dated 1770 it is evident that John Lloyd bought Lisheen, parish of Moyne, county Tipperary, from George Grace and left it to his fifth son, Frederick Lloyd, also of Ballymacrease, county Limerick. Frederick's son, John, inherited Lisheen and married Catherine Rotton of Bath, England. She died in 1853 and the following year John Lloyd emigrated to Canada with his new wife. His son, Charles John, succeeded to the estate and died in 1887. In the mid 19th century the Lisheen estate was located in the parishes of Moyne and Templemore, barony of Eliogarty. In the 1870s Charles John Lloyd of Lisheen Castle owned 1,758 acres in county Tipperary. The estate was sold to the tenants in the first decade of the 20th century. The family retained the castle and 143 acres. http://www.lisheencastle.com/?page_id=5
- In 1703 Abraham Greene of Ballynard, county Limerick, bought some of the forfeited estates of James II in the barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick, including Ballymacreece and of James FitzGerald of Ballynard in the barony of Connello. The Greenes intermarried with the Blennerhassetts and the Massys. In 1770 Letitia Greene eldest daughter and co heiress of Abraham Greene of Ballymacreece married John Armstrong of Farney Castle and Mount Heaton. Letitia' sister Elizabeth married James Barry of Ballyclogh, county Cork.
Grace (Co Tipperary)
- The Grace family were located in counties Kilkenny and Tipperary in the 16th century and had strong family connections with the Butler family, from whom they seem to have inherited the Brittas Castle property. In 1666 John Grace was granted the castle and lands of Brittas and 920 acres. In 1754 Henry Langley of Priestown, county Tipperary, married Margaret daughter and heiress of Oliver Grace of Brittas Castle, county Tipperary. The Langleys inherited Brittas Castle.
- John Lloyd of Cranagh, county Tipperary, refers to his kinsman Thomas Lloyd Prince in his will dated 1770. A document in the Kilboy Papers refers to Thomas Prince Loyd (sic) of Mayfield who had an estate worth about £1,000. Thomas Prince Lloyd, son of Robert Lloyd of county Tipperary, entered Trinity College, Dublin in 1811 aged 19. His address in 1844 is given as Mortlestown Castle when his son also named Thomas Prince Lloyd entered the King's Inns. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Thomas P. Lloyd held land in the parishes of Drangan and Rathcool, barony of Middlethird and in the parish of Bourney, barony of Ikerrin. The estate John Millett assignee of Thomas Prince Lloyd amounting to 1,476 acres in the baronies of Ikerrin and Middlethird was advertised for sale in January 1853.
Lloyd (Cranagh & Lloydsborough)
- Early generations of this family married members of the Otway, Blunden and Clutterbuck families. John Lloyd of Cranagh and his wife Deborah Clutterbuck had 6 sons, as mentioned in his will dated 1770. From their fourth son Jesse descend the Lloyds of Lloydsborough and Cranagh and from their fifth son Frederick of Ballymacrease descend the Lloyds of Ballymacrease and Lisheen. The Lloyds of Skehanagh may descend from his third son George. In 1786 Wilson write that Mr. Lloyd was the proprietor of a house at Clashagad, close to the village of Dunkerrin, not far from Roscrea. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Lloyds held land in the barony of Ikerrin, mainly in the parishes of Borrisnafarney, Bourney, Killea, Templemore and Templetuohy. In the 1870s Emlyn F. Lloyd of Cranagh owned 661 acres, Henry Jesse Lloyd of Lloydsborough owned 1,863 acres, Jesse Lloyd of Camlin, Monaghan, owned 1,438 acres and Richard J. Lloyd of Kilduff, Templemore owned 1,974 acres in county Tipperary.
- ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' records the two sons of Thomas Lloyd, second son of John Lloyd of Cranagh, county Tipperary [who made his will in 1770] as George and Horatio. The will mentions Skehanagh among other lands belonging to John Lloyd. Griffith's Valuation records George Lloyd holding land in the parishes of Inch, barony of Eliogarty and Killea and Templeree, barony of Ikerrin while Horatio Lloyd held land in the parishes of Bourney and Rathnaveoge, barony of Ikerrin. Mrs Amelia Lloyd of Longford House, Templemore, owned 756 acres in the 1870s while Horatio Albyn Lloyd of Mountfresco owned 508 acres in county Tipperary. The townlands of Longford and Mountfrisco adjoin one another and Skehanagh is closeby.