- Edward Hartnett held substantial lands in the parishes of Ballincuslane and Castleisland at the time of Griffith's Valuation. These lands were leased from the Herbert and Leeson estates as well as that of the Earl of Bantry. The Ordnance Survey Name Books recorded him as the proprietor of townlands in Ballincuslane in the 1830. In 1866 the rental of lands held by Capt. Edward Harnett in the barony of Trughanacmy, held by fee-farm grant from the Herbert estate, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court.
In the 1870s Edward Hartnett was proprietor of over 1500 acres in county Kerry.