Power (Clonshire & Monroe)
- Samuel Dickson of Ballynaguile, county Limerick married firstly a Miss Farrell and had a daughter who married Richard Pierce Power. By his second wife, Mary Norris, Samuel Dickson had five sons: Stephen, John of Clonshire, Samuel, Reverend Richard and William. Samuel Dickson Power of Clonshire, county Limerick and Monroe, county Tipperary, had a son, Richard Pierce Power, who married Elizabeth Massy of Glenwilliam Castle, county Limerick. Pierce Power held three townlands in the parish of Youghalarra, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Their son, Hamo Massy-Power, was living at Clonshire in 1910. William D. Power of Clonshire owned 1,125 acres in county Limerick and 1,854 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record the representatives of Stephen Dickson, Limerick, holding lands in the parishes of Dunmoylan, Loughill and Shanagolden, barony of Shanid. Daniel Dixon [Dickson] Power of Kilfinnon who was married to Elizabeth Maria Odell, daughter of Colonel William Odell of The Grove, county Limerick, was agent for these lands. Daniel D. Power held lands in the parishes of Iveruss and Kildimo, barony of Kenry, Ballingarry, barony of Connello Upper and Clonagh, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He either bought or leased Bolane from the Earl of Charleville. His 500 acre estate at Ballynacourty, barony of Kenry and Ashborough, barony of Connello Upper, was advertised for sale by his assignee in May 1854. The representatives of Daniel D. Power owned 131 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. In 1878 Hussey records William D. Power of Clonshire as the owner of 1,854 acres in county Tipperary and 1,125 acres in county Limerick.
- In the mid 19th century John Pigott held townlands in the parish of Clonshire and Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lower, in the parish of Ballingarry and Kilfinny, barony of Connello Upper and Croom, barony of Coshma, all in county Limerick,. His main tenant in the barony of Connello Lower was Samuel Dickson Power. John Pigott was the great grandson of Southwell Pigott who died circa 1755. Southwell Pigott was the son of John Piggott of Kilfinny, barony of Connello Lower and Gertrude, a daughter of Sir Thomas Southwell, 1st Baronet of Castle Matrix. In 1718 he succeeded to the Capard estate of his cousin in county Laois. In the 1870s Henry Armand Pigott of Capard, Rosenallis, Queen’s County, owned 3,477 acres in county Limerick and Robert A.R. Pigott of Capard owned 4,932 acres in Queen's county [county Laois]. This family share a common ancestry with the Pigotts, baronets.
Pigott (Chetwynd & Knapton)
- A family originally from Shropshire, who settled in county Laois in the 16th century. Alexander Pigott, a younger son, was granted over 4,500 acres in county Cork in 1666 and further lands in a number of counties in 1668. His family was established at Innishannon in county Cork by the end of the 17th century. A number of generations of the family lived at Chetwynd, parish of St Finbarrs, Cork city, in the early 18th century. By the late 18th century the family had moved to Knapton, county Laois and in 1808 George Pigott was created a baronet. In the mid 19th century Sir George Pigott held an estate in the barony of Cork parishes of Inishkenny, Killanully and St Finbarrs. In May 1857 the 2,679 acre estate of the trustees of Sir Charles Robert Pigott Baronet in the baronies of Cork and Kinalea, county Cork was advertised for sale. His representatives were the proprietors of over 500 in county Cork in the 1870s, leased from the De Vesci family of Abbeyleix. This included lands in the parish of Inishannon, barony of Kinalea.