- Phineas Bury was granted almost 6,000 acres in the barony of Kenry, county Limerick in 1666 and 588 acres in the barony of Mogunnihy, county Kerry in 1669. His second son, John Bury, settled at Shannon Grove, county Limerick. In 1703 John Bury purchased parts of the confiscated estates of Sir Drury Wray and King James II in the barony of Kenry. county Limerick. ''Irish Family Records'' records John's fourth son, Thomas, "of Curraghbridge". The descendants of John's eldest son, William, continued to reside at Shannon Grove until at least the mid 18th century. Charles William Bury of Charleville Forest, county Offaly, was created Earl of Charleville in 1806. His father, John Bury of Shannon Grove (1725-1764,) succeeded to the estates of his maternal uncle, Charles Moore, Earl of Charleville, in February 1764, and thereafter his branch of the family was resident in King's County [county Offaly]. The Ordnance Survey Name Books show Lord Charleville as a main proprietor in the parishes of Ardcanny, Chapelrussell, Kilcornan and Kildimo, barony of Kenry. His agent was his cousin, Reverend Robert Bury of Killora Bridge, Cork. Members of the Westropp, Fitzgerald, De Vere and Waller families were some of the main tenants on the Earl's Limerick estate. By the time of Griffith's Valuation. however. most of the Earl's property in the parishes of Chapelrussell, Kilcornan and Kildimo was in the possession of General Caulfeild. Ó Corrbuí gives details of two sales of Bury lands in 1844 including a large acreage to General James Caulfeild. The earldom became extinct in 1875 following the death of the 5th Earl of Charleville.
- Major General James Caulfeild (1786-1852) was a younger son of John Caulfeild, Archdeacon of Kilmore, grandnephew of the 2nd Viscount Charlemont. He followed a military career, retiring in 1841 at the rank of Major General. He worked for the East India Company. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the General held a large estate in the barony of Kenry, parishes of Kilcornan, Adare, Chapelrussell and Kildimo, previously part of the estate of the Earl of Charleville. Father McCormack writes that he bought his estate of 2,000 acres from the Burys for £51,592 in 1845. In the 1870s his widow, Annie Caulfeild of Copswood, Pallaskenry, owned 3,350 acres in county Limerick. The General's son died at sea and his daughters married into the Royse, Hunt and Purdon families. see http://www.salesiancollege.ie/about.htm