Fitzgerald (Knight of Glin)
- The Knight of Glin is a title which was in existence for six centuries, borne by a branch of the Fitzgerald family who have been settled at Glin, county Limerick since the 14th century. In the 19th century the estate of the Knight of Glin was in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick and it amounted to 5,268 acres in the 1870s. At the same time the Reverend Richard Fitzgerald of Ballydonohue owned 403 acres. In the early 1840s William O'Leary was agent to the Glin estate. The Compton interest in the lands of Glin and other county Limerick lands was advertised for sale in March 1852. The Fitzgeralds still reside at Glin and Desmond Fitzgerald, the 29th and last Knight of Glin who died in 2011, was a well known authority on the Irish country house and its contents. Some estate papers are now in the University of Limerick but most of the family archives were destroyed in 1860.
- A family from Wiltshire who first settled in county Cork and then moved to county Limerick. [An Edward Plomer was granted 399 acres in the barony of Carbury, county Cork, in 1670.] In the mid 18th century Richard Plummer of Mount Plummer married Ellen daughter of Francis Brudenell of Ballinguile, county Limerick and his wife Catherine Ryves. Their only son Brudenell Plummer married Frances Fitzgerald second daughter of the Thomas Fitzgerald, Knight of Glin. He died in 1828. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate of the Reverend Richard Plummer in the parishes of Killeedy and Monagay, barony of Glenquin, was in Chancery. In the 1870s Brudenell Plummer of Killoory Glebe, Causeway, county Kerry, owned 1,773 acres in county Limerick and the Representatives of the Reverend T.F.G. Plummer owned 495 acres.
- The Compton of Court, county Limerick, entry in the General Armory (1884) refers to a relationship with the Comptons of Willsgrove, county Roscommon and with the Widenhams of Court, county Limerick. The Comptons held some land in county Limerick in the 19th century. A fragment of a receiving rental of Henry Compton, relating to tenants of properties in Bunlickey, Camheen, Glen, Ballinacurra and High Street, Limerick, from Dec 1836 to Jan 1838, is held in the Limerick City Archives. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of Captain Henry Compton held land in the parish of Mungret, barony of Pubblebrien. In March 1852 the estate of Cecilia Fitzgerald, trustee named in the will of Henry Compton, was advertised for sale. The estate amounted to 182 acres at Ballinacurra (Bowman), borough of Limerick, the castle, town and lands of Glin, barony of Shanid and Camheen, barony of Pubblebrien. Francis Compton of Dame Street, Dublin, owned 185 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. It is clear from the will of Walter Widenham of Limerick dated 1797 that all the Compton lands originally belonged to the Widenham family and came into the possession of the Compton family under the terms of Walter's will.