- Lord George Quin was the second son of Thomas Taylour, 1st Marquess of Headfort and Mary, only daughter and heir of George Quin of Quinsborough, parish of St Patricks, barony of Bunratty Lower, county Clare, second son of Valentine Quin of Adare. In 1814 Lord George married a daughter of the 2nd Earl Spencer and they had two sons and one daughter. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation the Quin estate was in the parishes of Kilfintinan, Killeely and St Patricks, barony of Bunratty Lower, Kilseily, barony of Tulla Lower and Rath, barony of Inchiquin, county Clare, Ballingarry, barony of Connello Upper, county Limerick and Clogher, barony of Kilnamanagh Lower, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Lord George Quin of London owned 2,850 acres in county Clare, 889 acres in county Limerick and 3,078 acres in county Tipperary. In May 1866 part of the Quin estate in the barony of Tulla Lower was advertised for sale.
- Martin Honan was a large grain exporter in Limerick city. Some sources say he was the son of Matthew Honan a merchant of Limerick city but this is not proven. He was Lord Mayor of Limerick in 1841 and contributed to the developement of the city and to relief during The Famine years. In 1832 he bought the Quinsborough estate of 187 acres from the Quin family. This estate was located near Limerick city but in county Clare. In 1826 Martin Honan married Anne Marie Kane of Whitehall, a house situated close to Quinsborough. Quinsborough house and estate were advertised for sale in 1868 by Thomas Honan Bourke, Martin's nephew. The sale rental gives details of the provisions of Martin Honan's will. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of Martin Honan owned an estate mainly in the parish of Cahernarry but also in the parish of Clonkeen, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick.
- The Kane family held land in the parishes of Cahervally, barony of Clanwilliam and Abington, barony of Owneybeg, county Limerick in the first half of the 19th century. Captain Richard Kane of Whitehall married Elizabeth Hayes Barry and they had a son Thomas and a daughter who married Martin Honan. Thomas Kane became a doctor of renown in the Limerick area and was Mayor of the city in 1852 and 1857. Thomas Kane, medical doctor of George's Street, Limerick, owned 82 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. see http://www.askaboutireland.ie/asset?id=5510 for more information about the doctor
- In December 1866 an estate of 802 acres, belonging to Edward, Robert and Francis Chapple and Catherine O'Shea, widow, in the parish of Cahernarry, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick was advertised for sale. The rental records details of the will of Martin Honan dated 1848. The Chapple brothers were nephews of Martin Honan, sons of his sister, Anne Chapple. In the 1870s Francis Chapel of 7 Upper Sherrard Street, Dublin, owned 799 acres in county Limerick. This estate was offered for sale in June 1876 and November 1884 but the sale was adjourned due to lack of offers. Over 260 acres of Francis Chapple's property in the barony of Clanwilliam was advertised for sale in the Land Judges' court in January 1890. Some lots were purchased in trust for the Commercial Union Assurance Company and other lot was bought by Francis Kearney.
- The Honans of Cork city were descended from the Honans of Limerick city. In the early 20th century Matthew, Robert and Isabella Honan left large sums of money for charitable purposes which included the funding of scholarships at University College, Cork, the founding of the Honan Hostel and the building of the Honan Chapel. Willliam Honan held some land in the Mallow locality of county Cork in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s Sir William T. Honan, no address given, owned 677 acres in county Cork. Frederick Honan of Cork, born 1788, was the second son of Mathew Honan of Limerick and his wife Bridget Burke of Curraghnebonly, county Tipperary and was buried at Glanmire, county Cork, in 1855. His son Robert Burke Honan of Liverpool married Mary Anne Shine of Collyhenan, a granddaughter of Mathew Honan of Limerick.