- Charles Wilmot Smith was the son of John Wilmot Smith and his wife, Mary Lloyd of Beechmount, county Limerick. In 1851 he married Charlotte Anne Burrell and their eldest son was John Wilmot Crosbie Smith. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Charles Wilmot Smith held land in the parishes of Killokennedy and Killuran, barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare and the Trustees of Charles Smith held land in the parish of Tullabracky, barony of Coshma, county Limerick. In the 1870s C.W. Smith with addresses at Killuran Abbey, Broadford, county Clare and Ballinanty, Bruff, county Limerick, owned 1,113 acres in county Clare and 1,549 acres in county Limerick. 345 acres of J.C. Wilmot Smith's county Clare estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 30 March 1916.