de Moleyns (Lord Ventry)
- Smith indicates that Frederick Mullins was granted lands in Dingle, which he named Burnham after the family's original seat in England. Lord Ventry owned land in almost all parishes in the barony of Corkaguiny at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. He was among the principal lessors of lands in the parishes of Ballymacelligott, Kilgarrylande, Killorglin and O'Brennan, barony of Trughanacmy, at the same time. His uncle, the second Baron, had bought the Trants' county Kerry estate in 1813 (D 27,862 NLI).The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention David P. Thompson of Tralee as Lord Ventry's agent. William deMoleyns was also leasing several townlands in the parish of Killorglin. Lands in the parish of Kilbonane, barony of Magunihy, had been offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851. A manuscript note on the sale notice indicates the purchasers were Hunt, Stokes and Booker. Part of Lord Ventry's estate at Ballymoreigh, parish of Dingle, county Kerry and at Ballyshane, parish of Dunmahon, county Cork, was offered for sale in July 1852 and the Cork land again in December 1852. On the latter occasion Mr. Creagh, solicitor,was declared the purchaser in trust. In the 1870s the de Moleyns estate amounted to over 91,000 acres in county Kerry. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 80,000 acres of Lord Ventry's estate in 1913.
Trant (Kerry & Tipperary)
- The Trants had originally held lands in the barony of Corkaguiny, county Kerry but by the early 19th century were more associated with county Tipperary, residing at Dovea in that county. By the end of the 18th century they held land in counties Tipperary, Kildare, Limerick, Cork and Kerry and rentals for these estates are included in the Trant Papers. John F. Collis and Stephen E. Rice were agents at various times for the Trant estates. In 1813 John Trant sold his estate in the barony of Corkaguiny to Lord Ventry (D 27,862 NLI). The Trants had marriage connections with the Fitzgibbon family, Earls of Clare, the Brooke family of Colesbrooke, county Fermanagh and the Prittie family, Barons Dunalley. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that William Trant was the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Dingle, county Kerry, in the 1840s. William Henry Trant held land in the parishes of Killeenagarriff and Stradbally, (Druminboy), barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. At the same time the estate of John Trant was in the parishes of Ballycahill, Inch, Loughmoe West and Thurles, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary. In the 1870s the Trants owned 2,970 acres in county Tipperary.