- At the time of Griffith's Valuation William V.F. Hickman was leasing a property valued at £30 to William Robinson in the parish and townland of Athenry. William Vesey Fitzgerald Hickman was son of Edward Shadwell Hickman of Newpark, Ennis, county Clare, and sold Newpark to his brother-in law, Thomas Moore Perssse of Newcastle, county Galway, in 1853. His Galway estates at Bullaun and Wallscourt had previously been sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1852. The purchaser on that occasion was Robert D'Arcy. Hickman's estate at Athenry was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in 1876. He is recorded as owning only 18 acres in county Galway after that.
- Patrick Mahon leased Newpark, Ennis, county Clare, from the Hickman family in 1810 and moved to live there from Snugville, Kilmaley. He married Miss O'Gorman of Ennis and two of their sons were William Richard Mahon and James Patrick, known as The O'Gorman Mahon. Lands belonging to James P. O'Gorman Mahon in the baronies of Islands, Ibrickan and Moyarta, amounting to 848 acres were advertised for sale at the end of November 1854. In the mid 19th century Griffith's Valuation records William Richard Mahon holding land in the parishes of Clondagad, barony of Islands and Kilmurry, barony of Ibrickan. In the 1870s Charles George Mahon of Newpark owned 2,318 acres in county Clare. He married Rose Elizabeth Hagan and had a son Charles Patrick Mahon who married in 1871 Matilda Helena daughter of James Blake Butler. He assumed the name Mahon Hagan in 1888.
- Richard Hickman of Newpark, Ennis, county Clare died in 1810. He was the father of Edward Shadwell Hickman who married Sarah Hoops in 1802. They had a number of children including William Vesey Fitzgerald Hickman and Margaret who married Thomas Moore Persse son of Henry Stratford Persse of Newcastle, county Galway. Declan Barron writes that Thomas Moore Persse bought the Newpark and Cappahard estates from his brother in law William V.F. Hickman in the Encumbered Estates Court for £3,600 in 1853. The Newpark estate of 238 acres was advertised for sale again in 1861 and 1862 and was bought by the Mahon family, who had been leasing it since 1810 when Pat Mahon, father of the O'Gorman Mahon moved there from Kilmaley.