- The Whites of Woodlands, county Dublin, Rathcline, county Longford, Lareen, county Leitrim, Cahircon, county Clare all descend from Luke White, a Dublin bookseller and lottery agent. In the mid 19th century his fourth son Colonel Henry White held an estate comprised of at least 24 townlands in the parishes of Abbey, Drumcreehy and Rathborney, barony of Burren, county Clare which he bought from the Duke of Buckingham circa 1848. The Whites also bought some of the Scott of Cahiracon estate and the Westropp of Attyflin estate, both in county Clare. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Colonel held an estate in the county Limerick parishes of Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lower, Newcastle, barony of Glenquin, Cloncagh, Cloncrew, Dromcolleher and Kilmeedy, barony of Connello Upper, as well as his county Clare estates. In 1863 the Colonel was raised to the peerage as Baron Annaly of Annaly and Rathcline, county Longford. He was succeeded by his eldest son Luke as 2nd Baron in 1873. His fifth son Charles William White of Cahiracon, Killadysert and Annaly Lodge, Broadford, inherited the county Clare estates comprised of 18,226 acres plus 5,731 acres in county Tipperary. In 1878 Charles William White sold the Broadford estate, barony of Tulla Lower to John Lecky Phelps. In the 1870s Lord Annaly of Woodlands (Luttrellstown), Clonsilla, county Dublin, owned 5,428 acres in county Limerick, 12,600 acres in county Longford and 2,139 acres in county Dublin. In 1906 Baron Annaly held untenanted land in the parish of Kilcooly, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary.
- In 1775 George Grenville, (created 1st Marquess of Buckingham in 1784), married Lady Mary Elizabeth Nugent, only daughter and heir of Robert, Lord Nugent. Their son was created Duke of Buckingham and Chandos in 1822. The Buckingham estates in counties Westmeath, Longford and Clare amounting to 15,991 acres, were advertised for sale in 1848. The county Clare acreage, approximately 7,000 acres in the barony of Burren, was bought by Richard Samuel Guinness on behalf of Colonel Henry White for £30,000 and included Ballyallaban House and Newtown.