- The Purdons were active in the affairs of Limerick city but lived in the parish of Ogonnelloe, barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare, from the mid 17th century to the beginning of the 20th century. In the mid 18th century George Purdon married Arabella, daughter and co heir of William Causabon of Carrig, near Mallow, county Cork. Lewis writes in 1837 that, with the exception of 97 acres, the whole parish was in their possession. In the 1850s they held 16 townlands in the parish. George F. Purdon of Tinerana owened 6,298 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. His only son, William Casaubon Purdon, died unmarried in 1893 and the estate was inherited by his two sisters who sold it to the Gleeson family in 1901. A cousin, Reverend William John Purdon of Kingstown, Dublin, held five townlands in each of the parishes of Kilfinaghta and Kilfintinan, barony of Bunratty Lower at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He had two daughters, Emily Jane and Anna Maria. Over 500 acres located in the barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick, in the possession of Reverend John Head and Simon G. Purdon, were sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1853. Mr. McDermott is reported to have purchased the property in trust for over £12,000.
- The Barry family, 'McAdam Barry', were established at Lisnagar, Rathcormack and Ballyclough, county Cork, in the 17th century. In 1750 James Barry of Ballyclough succeeded his cousin, Redmond Barry of Rathcormack and in 1765 James married Elizabeth, daughter and co heiress of Abraham Greene of Ballymacreese, county Limerick. At the time of Griffith's Valuation their grandson, James Barry, held land in the parishes of Glanworth and Kilgullane, barony of Fermoy, Kilcrumper and Kilgullane, barony of Condons and Clangibbon., county Cork, and Lismore and Mocollop, barony of Coshmore and Coshbride, county Waterford. James Barry married Olivia Maria Drew, sole heiress of Francis Drew of Mocollop Castle, county Waterford in 1841. They had no children. In the 1870s Captain James Barry of Ballyclogh owned 3,910 acres in county Cork and 6,955 acres in county Waterford. The Waterford estate included property in the parish of Affane, barony of Decies without Drum. James died in 1881 and was succeeded by his brother and then in 1888 by his grand-nephew, James Robert Bury, who took the additional name of Barry.
- This family shared a common ancestry with the Purdons of Tinecrana, county Clare. They descended from Sir Nicholas Purdon of Ballyclogh, fifth son of John Purdon of Tullagh, county Clare. Sir Nicholas was Member of Parliament for Baltimore, county Cork, in 1661. In 1669 he was granted over 7,000 acres in county Cork including Ballyclogh. He died in 1678 leaving four sons. Anne Purdon the eventual heiress of his eldest son Bartholomew married in 1730 Robert Coote of Ash Hill, county Limerick. The second son of Sir Nicholas was Gilbert Purdon of Bellkelly, county Clare, who had four sons including Nicholas of Dysert, county Cork and George of Primrose Hill, Blarney, county Cork. Gilbert's daughters married Joseph Wilkinson of Johnstown, county Cork and John Ringrose of Moynoe, county Clare. Ballyclogh eventually passed to the descendants of Sir Nicholas's eldest daughter Jane who in 1666 married Redmond Barry of Rathcormick, county Cork.