- Thomas Cuthbert is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of O'Brennan, barony of Trughanacmy, county Kerry, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The estate of Thomas Cuthbert, a minor, of England, amounted to over 3000 acres in county Kerry and the same amount in county Cork in the 1870s. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that Thomas Cuthbert, of Garretstown, Kinsale, was the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Ardfert in the 1830s and that John O'Connell, of Knockeanogh, Ardfert was the agent for his Kerry estate. In June 1867 the estate of Thomas Cuthbert, John Cuthbert and Arthur Cuthbert, minors, in the barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary and at Old Abbey, Corbally, Knockpoge and Ravakeel, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork, and advowsons was advertised for sale on behalf of their testamentary guardians. This estate held in fee simple amounted to 849 acres in county Cork and 1,107 acres in county Tipperary. In July and again in November 1877, the farm of Leighmoneymore, barony of Kinalea, county Cork, amounting to over 150 acres, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. It was owned by Edward Bishopp, under a fee-farm grant from Thomas Cuthbert. In 1883, Bateman records T. Cuthbert as the owner of over 3900 acres in county Cork.
- The Kearney family were established at Garrettstown, near Kinsale, county Cork, by the end of the 17th century. In the 18th century heads of the family married members of the Roche family of Trabolgan, Sarsfield family of Sarsfield Court and the Roche family of Dunderrow. In 1812, following the death without heirs of James Kearney, the estate passed to his first cousin, Thomas Rochfort of Cork. Rochfort married Anne, daughter of John Cuthbert of Cork, and left his estate to his brother- in-law,Thomas Cuthbert, provided he took the additional surname of Kearney, which he did in 1832. Thomas Cuthbert Kearney had married Jane Franks in 1791 and they had two sons, John and Thomas. The representatives of John Cuthbert Kearney were among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ringrone, barony of Kinsale, Dunderrow, barony of Kinalea and Templetrine, barony of Courceys, Corbally, Inishkenny and Kilnaglory, barony of East Muskerry, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. At the same time Thomas C. Carney [Cuthbert Kearney] held an estate in the parish of Ardmayle, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary, comprised of at least five townlands. By 1867, this Tipperary estate, then in the possession of Thomas, John and Arthur Cuthbert, minors, and their guardians, Abram Thomas Forster, Thomas Franks and Agnes Horsey, was advertised for sale. In January 1877, lands owned by Hugh Green in the barony of Kinalea, county Cork were sold in the Landed Estates Court. They included townlands which were in Kearney occupation at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Irish Times reported that they were purchased by Bergin Franklin. In 1883 Bateman reported that Thomas Cuthbert Kearney owned an estate of over 7300 acres in counties Cork and Kerry.