- The Molonys of Granaghan, parish of Tomfinlough, barony of Bunratty Lower, county Clare, were descended from a younger son of James Molony of Kiltanon, parish of Tulla, barony of Tulla Upper, county Clare and his second wife Elizabeth Croasdaile. Several generations of Croasdaile Molonys owned Granaghan in the 18th and 19th centuries but the house was inhabited by the Hewitt family from the late 18th century. The main part of the Molony estate was in the parishes of Quin and Kilraghtis, barony of Bunratty Upper and in the parish of Feakle, barony of Tulla Upper. By the mid 19th century this Molony estate was in Chancery. Houses in Dublin and Sixmilebridge and over 1,800 acres of Croasdaile Molony's estate were advertised for sale in November 1856. In the mid 19th century Croasdale Mullowney also held an estate in the parish of Killoscully, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Henry Gonne Molony of Limerick owned 5,664 acres and his nephew Henry Molony of Dublin owned 1,110 acres in county Clare.
Fitzgerald (Sorrel Island)
- In 1800 Henry Gonne Molony leased lands in the baronies of Islands and Clonderalaw, county Clare, to the Reverend Michael Fitzgerald. Reverend Michael Fitzgerald was rector of Killadysert and Archdeacon of Limerick. He married Frances Morony, daughter of Thomas Harrison Morony of Milltown House. In 1834 the lease was renewed to the Reverend Charles Fitzgerald. The lands involved in this lease amounted to 2,960 acres and included a house on Illaunatoo or Sorrel Island. They were advertised for sale in April 1861. The Irish Times reports that these lands were purchases by Messers. Ashe, Crowley and Dr Ryan. The house, which was in the possession of Dorothea Fitzgerald, was also advertised for sale in 1863.