- The Perceval family succeeded to lands in Sligo in the mid 17th when George Perceval married Mary Crofton, heiress to the Templehouse estate. (c.1669). The property has been occupied by the family almost continuously since, except for a period in the mid 19th century when it was sold to the Hall-Dare estate but was later bought back. In 1906 the representatives of Alexander Perceval were recorded as the occupiers of property at Templehouse Demesne including a mansion house. The Congested Districts Board later acquired over 3200 acres of the estate. Temple House is now a guest house. See http://www.templehouse.ie/
Through a mid 18th century marriage with a member of the Carleton family the Percevals were also co owners of estates in counties Fermanagh and Tyrone. Philip Perceval of London is recorded as the owner of 987 acres in county Fermanagh, 429 acres in county Tyrone and 1,339 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Alexander Percival held at least three townlands in the parish of Clonoulty, barony of Kilnamanagh Lower, county Tipperary, in the mid 19th century. http://www.proni.gov.uk/introduction__templehouse_papers_mic597.pdf
- The Hall-Dare estates were in county Wexford, which they had purchased in 1861 when they bought the Newtownbarry estate from the Maxwell (Earls of Farnham) family. Kavanagh and Murphy suggest the family were originally from Essex. They purchased Temple House in the 1850s and resold it to the Perceval family in the 1860s.