- The Whites of Woodlands, county Dublin, Rathcline, county Longford, Lareen, county Leitrim, Cahircon, county Clare all descend from Luke White, a Dublin bookseller and lottery agent. In the mid 19th century his fourth son Colonel Henry White held an estate comprised of at least 24 townlands in the parishes of Abbey, Drumcreehy and Rathborney, barony of Burren, county Clare which he bought from the Duke of Buckingham circa 1848. The Whites also bought some of the Scott of Cahiracon estate and the Westropp of Attyflin estate, both in county Clare. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Colonel held an estate in the county Limerick parishes of Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lower, Newcastle, barony of Glenquin, Cloncagh, Cloncrew, Dromcolleher and Kilmeedy, barony of Connello Upper, as well as his county Clare estates. In 1863 the Colonel was raised to the peerage as Baron Annaly of Annaly and Rathcline, county Longford. He was succeeded by his eldest son Luke as 2nd Baron in 1873. His fifth son Charles William White of Cahiracon, Killadysert and Annaly Lodge, Broadford, inherited the county Clare estates comprised of 18,226 acres plus 5,731 acres in county Tipperary. In 1878 Charles William White sold the Broadford estate, barony of Tulla Lower to John Lecky Phelps. In the 1870s Lord Annaly of Woodlands (Luttrellstown), Clonsilla, county Dublin, owned 5,428 acres in county Limerick, 12,600 acres in county Longford and 2,139 acres in county Dublin. In 1906 Baron Annaly held untenanted land in the parish of Kilcooly, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary.
Canny (Newmarket on Fergus)
- This family was resident in the Newmarket on Fergus locality of county Clare from the early 19th century. In the mid 19th century Matthew Canny held townlands in the parishes of Feenagh, Drumline (from John R. Miller) and Bunratty (from John Westropp), barony of Bunratty Lower, county Clare. In the 1870s Denis J. Canny owned 683 acres in county Clare. This acreage made up of the lands of Ballycasey and Tullyvariga, barony of Bunratty Lower, was advertised for sale in March 1879. The details of the sale rental show that Ballycasey was leased to Denis and John Canny in 1823 by Sir John Riggs Miller. The house was subleased to Denis Kennedy at the time of the sale. Dr Denis Joseph Canny was the son of Mathew Canny and Margaret Taaffe and John and Jane appear to be his siblings. Denis Canny, a bankrupt, was dead by 1879 and his estate was sold on behalf of his assignees. The Irish Times reported that John R. Miller was the purchaser. By a lease dated 17 February 1851 John Westropp of Carnelly (and later of Attyflin) leased Clonmoney to Matthew Canny of Clonmoney, who apparently subleased it to Michael Macnamara. Macnamara's executors adverstised the sale of his interest in 1880.
- Montiford Westropp settled in county Limerick in the mid 17th century. His son Montiford purchased the lands of Attyflin from the Chichester House Commissioners in 1703, formerly part of the estate of James II. The Westropps had estates in both counties Clare and Limerick. Their county Clare estate was mainly in the barony of Clonderalaw, parishes of Killofin and Kilmihil but they also had land in other baronies. Kierse writes that the Ross estate in the parish of O'Briensbridge, near Killaloe, county Clare, was purchased from the Pearse family who had held the 380 acres from the 17th century. On 27 May 1858 a sale was held of fee simple and fee farm estates in the baronies of Bunratty Lower, Tulla Upper and Clonderalaw, county Clare (approximately 7,000 acres), Clanwilliam, county Limerick (131 acres) and Fermoy, county Cork (386 acres) belonging to John Westropp. Colonel Henry White bought 2,500 acres in the barony of Clonderalaw. William O'Meara bought 143 acres of Knockbaneboy, barony of Tulla Upper, and advertised them for sale again in January 1863. In the 1870s the Massy Westropp of Attyflin estate amounted to 3,683 acres in county Clare, 592 acres in county Limerick and 387 acres in county Cork .
- A junior branch of the Attyflin family, Burke writes that Thomas Westropp of Mellon, county Limerick purchased Ballysteen from the Chichester House Commissioners in June 1703. He married Elizabeth Bury of Shannongrove, county Limerick. The Westropps of Mellon are descended from their second son Mountiford Westropp. The descendants of their eldest son Thomas continued to live at Ballysteen until the death of General John Westropp in 1825. He had no children and was succeeded by his sister Sara who married Thomas Odell of Ballingarry, county Limerick, their third son Edmond assumed the surname of Westropp. In the early 1850s Edmund Westropp held 2 townlands in the parish of Iveruss, barony of Kenry, one of them from the Earl of Carrick. Richard Westropp of Ballysteen owned 374 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s.
- The Pearse family held land in the vicinity of Limerick city during the 18th century and were closely associated with the Brown family.
- George Westropp, second son of John Westropp of Attyflin, county Limerick, married in 1841 Thomasina youngest daughter of Ralph Evans of Carker, county Cork. George Westropp was resident at Carker in 1846, according to Slater's Directory of that year. In the mid 19th century George Westropp held an estate in the parish of Castletownarra, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. In the 1870s George Westropp of Mallow, county Cork, owned 1,686 acres in county Tipperary.http://www.carkerhouse.com/history.html