Oliver (Kerry & Cork)
- The first of the Oliver family, originally from Kent, to hold lands in the south of Ireland was Robert Oliver, a Cromwellian officer, granted lands in the baronies of Clanmaurice, county Kerry and Coshlea, county Limerick, in the 1660s. Rev. Robert Oliver was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballymacelligott, barony of Trughanacmy and Killury, barony of Clanmaurice, county Kerry, at the time of Griffith's valuation. Silver Oliver was holding several townlands in the parish of Kilmoyly, in the same barony. Maj. Oliver's estate also held townlands in the parish of Kilshenane. In the 1830s the Ordnance Survey Name Books record Henry Oliver of Tralee as agent to the estate of Mrs. York, in the barony of Magunihy. In 1866 and again in 1868, premises in the town of Tralee, the property of Robert and Henry Oliver, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The Irish Times reports that some of these were bought by Edward Murphy and by Mr. Scott, in trust.
The representatives of Maj. Oliver of county Cork held over 1300 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. The estate of Richard Silver Oliver, of Tadcastle, Yorkshire, consisted of over 4000 acres in county Kerry as well as almost 200 in county Waterford and over 100 in county Kilkenny.
- Francis and John Creagh, of Tarmon, county Kerry, were the owners of almost 400 acres in the 1870s. William Creagh, of Ballygarrett, Mallow, owned over 800 acres in county Kerry at the same time. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 400 acres of the D. & W. Creagh estate after 1909.
Oliver (Inchera & Dunkettle)
- Charles Silver Oliver of Spa Hill, county Limerick and Inchera, Little Island, county Cork, was a younger brother of Richard Oliver Gascoigne of Castle Oliver. In 1805 he married Maria Elizabeth Morris of Dunkettle, county Cork and they had seven children. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Mrs Maria Oliver held land in the parish of Castlelyons, barony of Barrymore, while her son Silver C. Oliver held an estate in the parishes of Ballingaddy, Kilfyn and Particles, barony of Coshlea, county Limerick and in the parishes of Kilshannig, barony of Duhallow, Aghabulloge, Magourney, barony of East Muskerry and Little Island, barony of Barrymore, county Cork and Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Silver C. Oliver owned 2,156 acres in county Limerick, 6,738 acres in county Cork, 849 acres in county Tipperary and 129 acres in county Kilkenny.