- The Phibbs family owned several estates in the barony of Tirerril including that at Corradoo East. The family also held property in Ballysumaghan parish centred around Doonally. William and Thomas Phibbs offered the estate at Heathfield for sale in May 1854.
Harloe Phibbs was leasing extensive property in the town of Ballysadare to Robert Culbertson at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This property included mill buildings to the value of £300. In 1868 Agnes Culbertson, widow of Robert Culbertson, offered this mill complex, together with some houses and 34 acres, for sale in the Landed Estates Court. Harloe Phibbs owned over 700 acres in the 1870s while Major Richard Phibbs was the owner of over 550. In 1906 Thomas Randle Phibbs is recorded as the owner of over 300 acres of untenanted land at Ballynaboll, barony of Tirerrill, including a mansion house, probably the house known as Heathfield. At the same time William Phibbs held over 300 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tirerrill including buildings valued at £11 at Knockbrack.
- The Earl of Norbury held land in various parts of Ireland including counties Sligo, Mayo and Clare, as well as Durrow Abbey in County Offaly (King's County) where the 3rd Earl was murdered in 1839. The Sligo and Mayo properties were inherited from the Phibbs of Lisconny. The mother of the 2nd Lady Norbury, Elizabeth Brabazon, was a daughter of John Phibbs of Lisconny. According to Griffith's Valuation for Sligo Union the house at Lisconny was leased by her to Bernard Cogan in 1857. The county Mayo estate was located in the parish of Turlough, barony of Carra and his county Clare estate in the parishes of Feakle and Tomgraney, barony of Tulla Upper, close to the border with county Tipperary. His county Tipperary estate was located in the parishes of Clonoulty, Oughterleague, Moyaliff, Upperchurch, Twomileborris, Kilruane, Aghnameadle and Kilmastulla. In 1876 the 4th Earl held over a thousand acres in both counties Sligo and Mayo and much more extensive estates in counties Tipperary (7,798 acres) and Clare (2,453 acres). His county Mayo estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 8 March 1915.
- This family were descended from Sir Anthony Brabazon of Ballinasloe Castle, a younger brother of Sir Edward Brabazon, ancestor of the Earls of Meath. They acquired lands around Ballinasloe under the Composition of Connacht. Some of these estates were later forfeited as a result of the conversion to Catholicism of Anthony Brabazon. In Mayo their estate of circa 7000 acres was mainly in the parishes of Kilconduff and Meelick but also contained lands in the parishes of Templemore, Killasser and Attymass, barony of Gallen, county Mayo. Quinn writes that the estate was advertised for sale in 1850 but the family managed to retain it by borrowing. Almost 4000 acres of fee simple and leasehold estates in the baronies of Gallen and Costello, county Mayo and in the baronies of Moycarn, Castlereagh and Frenchpark, county Roscommon, were advertised in a further sale in October 1852. The purchasers included William Lewis, Hugh Higgins and Walter Duffy. In 1876 the Brabazons still owned 6857 acres in county Mayo though they had not resided at Swinford for many years. At the same time H.S. Brabazon held over 1200 acres in county Roscommon while Thomas Brabazon, of Brich Grove, Ballinasloe, owned over 400 acres in the same county. The estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board on 5 Mar 1914. They inherited the Glencorrib estate of the Higgins in the early 20th century.
See http://www.brabazonarchive.com/ and www.ballinasloe.org.
Stewart (Co Clare)
- The Stewart and Vandeleur families were related through their descent from two daughters of Charles Moore 1st Marquess of Drogheda, Mary married in 1791 Alexander Stewart of the Ards, brother of the 1st Marquess of Londonderry and Frances married in 1800 John Ormsby Vandeleur. In the mid 19th century John Vandeleur Stewart of Rock Hill, county Donegal, third son of Alexander and Mary held an estate in county Clare in the parishes of Kilmacduane, barony of Moyarta and Kilfiddane and Kilmihil, barony of Clonderalaw. In the 1870s his estate in county Clare amounted to 4,551 acres and he also owned 538 acres in county Donegal. In 1837 John Vandeleur Stewart married Helen daughter of Hector J. G. Toler, 2nd Earl of Norbury. His cousin Crofton Moore Vandeleur married Helen's sister Grace in 1832.
- Otway Fortescue Toler was a younger brother of Hector, 3rd Earl of Norbury. In the mid 19th century O.F. Toler held an estate in the parishes of Ballygibbon, Ballymackey, Ballynaclogh, Kilkeary, Kilruane, Latteragh and Lisbunny, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary. In the 1870s he owned 8,789 acres in county Tipperary, 4,528 acres in King's County (Offaly), 3,076 acres in Queen's County (Laois) and 142 acres in county Westmeath. In June 1882 lands leased to John Murray Walker by O.F.G. Toler were advertised for sale.
Rowley (Co Tipperary)
- Members of this family married members of the Toler family of Beechwood, county Tipperary on two occasions. Thomas Taylor Rowley of Maperath, county Meath, married as his first wife Eliza daughter and co heiress of Daniel Toler of Beechwood, brother of the 1st Earl of Norbury. T.T. Rowley married secondly Georgina, daughter of Standish Grady of Elton, county Limerick. In the mid 19th century Thomas T. Rowley held an estate in the parishes of Kilruane, barony of Upper Ormond, Ardcrony, Kilruane and Knigh, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary. In November 1873 the estate (1,411 acres) of Frederick Pelham Rowley in the baronies of Upper and Lower Ormond was advertised for sale. Frederick or Francis B. Rowley of Australia owned 1,369 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.