- Edward Bourchier Hartopp of Dalby House, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, was the grandson of Edward Hartopp who married Juliana Evans, daughter of George, 3rd Lord Carbery, in 1782. Anthony Malcomson writes in his introduction to the Bisbrooke Papers that following the death of her brother, 4th Baron Carbery, in 1804 Mrs Hartopp inherited the unentailed part of the Irish property of her father. Edward B. Hartopp was one of the principal lessors in the county Kerry parishes of Kilcrohane, barony of Dunkerron South, Kilgarvan, barony of Glanarought and Killaha, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. He also held land in the county Limerick parishes of Killeenoghty, barony of Pubblebrien, Killeedy, barony of Glenquin, Abington, Caherconlish and Inch St Lawrence, barony of Clanwilliam, Adare, Bruree, Croom, Killeenoghty, Killonahan and Uregare, barony of Coshma. David Roche was his agent circa 1840. In the 1870s his address is given as Leicester ad Bateman notes it as Dalby Hall, Melton Mowbray. He owned over 24,000 acres in county Kerry at that time, together with 4,545 acres in county Limerick and 2,467 acres in county Cork. In 1906 terms had been arranged by the Congested Districts Board for the purchase of over 15,000 acres of the Burns-Hartopp estate in county Kerry. This land was acquired by the Board in 1908.
- George Roche was Mayor of Limerick at the beginning of the 18th century and also represented the city in Parliament. His grandson David Roche of Carass, agent to Lord Carbery, married Frances Maunsell and was renting the mill at Carass from Lord Carbery in the late 18th century. Correspondence from David Roche as agent is to be found in the Bisbrooke Hall Papers. Their son David became a baronet in 1838. David Roche was agent to the Hartopp estate at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. Sir David Roche's county Limerick estate was in the parishes of Mungret, barony of Pubblebrien, Bruree, barony of Connello Upper and Croom, Drehidtarsna and Dysert, barony of Coshma. In the latter he rented land from Trinity College, Dublin, the Reverend John Delmege and Major Sullivan. Caherass was his seat where he owned flour mills valued at £203. Sir David Vandeleur Roche 2nd baronet owned 3,951 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. Griffith’s Valuation records Sir David Roche as the immediate lessor of four townlands in the parish of Clareabbey, barony of Islands, county Clare, previously the estate of the Peacocke family. His second son Standish O’Grady Roche owned 1,497 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. The house Barntick was leased to the Lyons family in the early 1850s and was eventually purchased by them in the late 19th century. The mother of Sir Michael Hogan, a very distinguished member of the British Colonial Service in the mid 20th century was a member of the Lyons family. Sir David Roche was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Castleisland, county Kerry at the time of Griffith's Valuation and during the Ordnance Survey of the 1830s.
- Burke records the purchase by George Peacocke of an estate in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick, in the reign of Charles II. From his nephew descend the Peacock of Graige and Fort Etna, county Limerick and Barntic, county Clare. The Peacocke family owned an estate centred on Barntick, county Clare, in the second half of the 18th century and the early 19th century. George Peacocke bought the property from the sale of the Hickman estate in the 1760s. He died in 1773 and was succeeded by his son Joseph who was a Justice of the Peace and at one time High Sheriff of county Clare. Joseph Peacocke was knighted in 1800 for his support of the Act of Union and died in 1812. The estate was divided between his two sons Sir Nathaniel and the Reverend William. By the 1820s the estate was put up for sale by the Court of Chancery. Joseph Power writes that it was about this time that the Roche family of Carass, county Limerick purchased the property. Sir Francis Peacocke 3rd Baronet still owned some land in the parish of Crecora, barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick at the time of Griffith's Valuation.
Browning (Cos Waterford & Limerick)
- The Brownings were a Gloucestershire family who settled in county Waterford in the late 17th century. In 1785 Thomas Browning of Richmond, county Waterford, married Jane Norris of Limerick. Their son, Jeffrey Browning, purchased Carass Court, parish of Croom, county Limerick, from Lord Carbery, and this house was the family's main residence for the 19th century. Jeffrey Browning married his cousin Francis Roche, sister of Sir David Roche 1st baronet, and had 19 children. In the 1870s Emily Browning of Carass Court owned 228 acres in county Limerick while her son Thomas W. Browning also of Carass Court owned 238 acres in county Limerick, 238 acres in county Cork and 898 acres in county Waterford. Thomas Browning was among the principal lessors in the parish of Rossmire, barony of Decies-without=Drum in that county in 1851. Sadleir notes an earlier member of the family, Samuel Browning, as "of Affane" in 1775, who was connected with the Musgraves. The estate of Hull Stephen Browning, a member of this family, at Clonpriest, barony of Imokilly, was advertised for sale in July 1871. The Brownings had inherited Clonpriest through marriage with the Haymans.