Warren (Warren's Court)
- Robert Warren, an army officer, established himself in the East Carberry area of county Cork in the mid 17th century. In May 1703 his son Wallis Warren bought Kilbarry now known as Warren's Court. It was part of the confiscated estate of the Earl of Clancarty. In 1699 Wallis Warren also bought East and West Curryclogh from Henry, Earl of Romney [enrolled 1703]. His grandson, Robert Warren of Warren's Court and Crookstown House, county Cork, was created a baronet in 1784. The Warrens of Codrum and Crookstown are descended from younger sons of the first marriage of the 1st Baronet. John Borlase Warren, later 4th Baronet, held 1700 acres in the townland of Sillahertane, barony of Iveragh, from the Orpen family in the early part of the nineteenth century. Over 10,000 acres of the estate of Adrian Taylor, in which members of the Orpen and Warren families had an interest, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in May 1855. Sir Augustus Warren's estate in county Kerry in the 1870s amounted to over 8700 acres. His estate in county Cork amounted to 7,787 acres at the same time and was located in the barony of West Muskerry parishes of Kilmichael, Ballinadee, Clondrohid, Inchigeelagh, Kilmurry and Macroom, the parishes of Cannaway and Moviddy, barony of East Muskerry and the parish of Murragh, barony of Kinalmeaky. His brothers, Captain Warren of Passage, Cork and Robert Warren of Ashgrove, owned a further 1,477 and 530 acres respectively and other family members had smaller amounts. Henry E. Warren, a grandson of the 1st Baronet, was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmoe, West Carbery at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Over 700 acres in the barony of Barretts, the property of Massy Hutchinson Warren, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court, in April 1854. Lands at Cloonvickavrick, barony of Muskerry, leased to the Webb family in 1717, were advertised for sale in April 1877, the estate of the Reverend John Webb.
- In 1783 Simon Lowe of Cork and Galbally, county Limerick, married as his second wife, Elizabeth, daughter of Peter Blackmore, and they had two sons, John of Kilshane, county Tipperary and Peter of Lowtown, county Limerick. John married Anne, daughter of Thomas Wise of Cork and their son, Simon Lowe, held an estate mainly in the parish of Kilshane but also in the parishes of Bruis, Corroge and Lattin, barony of Clanwilliam, in the mid 19th century. Simon Low was succeeded by his brother Francis Low who owned almost 5,000 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s as well as 182 acres in county Cork. He had also purchased the Warren estate at Sillahertane, barony of Glanarought, county Kerry, circa 1876.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Warren estate was in the parishes of Ballingarry and Kilmeedy, barony of Connello Upper, county Limerick. In the 1870s Robert A. Warren (no address given) owned 1,516 acres in county Limerick. Robert Augustus Warren born 1822 was a barrister and the eldest son of Richard Benson Warren, Sergeant at Law, and a grandson of Robert Warren 1st Baronet of Warren's Court, county Cork. Norton writes that a daughter of Richard Benson Warren married James Robert Stewart of the land agency firm Stewart and Kincaid. This firm were agents for the Warren estate in county Limerick.
- In the mid 18th century Emanuel Hutchinson was resident at Codrum, parish of Macroom, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork. His daughter Hannah married John Herbert Orpen. Hugh Massy of Mount Massy also married a Hutchinson and had a son, Massy Hutchinson Massy, and a daughter, Cherry who married John Warren, a younger son of Sir Robert Warren of Warren's Court, 1st Baronet. John and Cherry Warren were living at Codrum by 1814. Colonel Robert Hutchinson was murdered at Codrum in 1799. The representatives of Arthur Hutchinson are listed as lessors in Griffith's Valuation , both in Caheragh and Kilmocomoge, West Carbery. In 1854 over 3000 acres of the estate of Arthur Hutchinson, deceased, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court.
- The rental of over 1500 acres, owned by Robert Warren was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in October 1850. This included Castlewarren and lands in the barony of East Carbery. Other property, including house and lands at Knockmacool were offered for sale in May 1851. William B. Warren, with others, was the principal lessor in the parishes of Carrigaline and Barnahely at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Edward R. Warren held townlands in the parish of Kilpatrick in the same barony. Capt. Warren, of Passage, owned over 1400 acres in county Cork in the 1870s, with other family owning lessor amounts.
- The Warrens of Codrum, county Cork, are descended from John Warren, fourth son of the 1st Baronet. He was married twice, firstly to Chery Hutchinson of Mount Massey and secondly to Helen O'Donovan. The lands of Codrum the estate of Massy Hutchinson Warren, deceased, were advertised for sale in December 1858 by his widow. In the 1870s Frederick H. Warren of Codrum House owned 566 acres in county Cork.
- The Reverend Robert Warren of Crookstown, parish of Kilmurry, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork, was the fifth son of Robert Warren 1st Baronet. At the time of Griffith's Valuation his son, also the Reverend Robert Warren, held land in the parishes of Clondrohid, barony of West Muskerry and Kilmurry, barony of East Muskerry. At the same time another son Richard Warren held land in the parishes of Ballycurrany and Lisgoold, barony of Barrymore. In the 1870s the Reverend Robert E. Warren of The Mount, Shrewsbury, owned 1,574 acres in county Cork.