- In March 1860, a fee-farm rental, the property of John Palmer, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The same property was advertised for sale again in April 1860. These lands were situated in the barony of Clanmaurice. In 1865, over 700 acres at Tullig, barony of Clanmaurice, leased by Palmer to the Studdert estate, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court.
John Palmer, of Fortwilliam, Tralee, owned over 1400 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Robert S. Palmer was the owner of over 2000 acres at the same time. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 200 acres of the Palmer estate in 1914.