- Denis Lawlor was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Knockane, barony of Dunkerron North, and Kilbonane, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. John S. Lawlor was a principal lessor in the parish of Kilcolman at the same time. Three townlands of his estate, together with property in the town of Killarney, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in January 1856. The original lease was from the Bernard estate.
Denis Shine Lawlor owned over 1300 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s as well as almost 1000 acres in county Cork parishes of Kilmeen and Nohavaldaly, barony of Duhallow. The representatives of Martin Lawlor owned over 1000 acres at the same time