Coote (Lord Collooney)
- Richard Coote, Lord Collooney, was granted extensive estates in counties Roscommon, Galway, Mayo and Sligo in the seventeenth century. Much of his Sligo land was eventually purchased by other Sligo landowners in the eighteenth century, notably the Coopers of Markree. The ''Extinct Peerage'' notes that Richard Coote, 4th Baron Collooney, sold Collooney and other lands to Joshua Cooper of Markree in March 1729. This branch of the Coote family also held lands in counties Leitrim, Cavan and Monaghan, notably at Bellamont Forest, county Cavan. In 1859 portions of the the estate of Richard Coote in the counties of Cavan, Leitrim and Monaghan were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. This included over 600 acres in the barony of Carrigallen, county Leitrim.