- The Roes owned an estate in the parish of Templetogher, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway from at least the 1830s. By the 1870s it amounted to 1470 acres. In 1906 Thomas J.F. Roe, Arabella Victoria Roe and William Roe, medical doctor, still owned untenanted land in the parish.
- Melvin refers to the transplantation of John Carroll to county Galway under Cromwell and that the Carroll's Galway seat was known as Carrollton. In 1814 the seat of Redmond Carroll was at Ardagh, near Ballymoe. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of Mrs O'Carroll held a townland in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway.